50 Dollar/Pound Air Fares

deejah

There is a shop on Walking Street that does this (it's by the alley that leads to New Living Dolls 1). The airfares are $50 or €50 from your home to Thailand. The catch is that you have to stay at a designated hotel at 37 ($ or €) per night, which seems very expensive to me. You can see the full rules if you look inside the shop.

I fink i now the catch. De sign says that if they cant supply the flight wivin 7 days of ur preferd date then they will refund your 50 euro in full. they dont say the will refund your hotel money.

My guess is that they take the cash and then tell 99.9% of punters that they cant supply the flight wivin 7 days of their prefered date and will refund the 50 euro

but i bet in the small print it says that the hotel booking is non refundable. IMO a totel con job.

50 USD is 77.50 GBP. Which is it?

Clealy maths is not your strong point!

Don't think I'll ask you to exchange money for me!!!

The OP wasn't sure if what he saw was in dollars or pounds.

He'll exchange loads for me, I have a bunch of US$ and I think I'd like to change them in GBP :) :)

I fink i now the catch. De sign says that if they cant supply the flight wivin 7 days of ur preferd date then they will refund your 50 euro in full. they dont say the will refund your hotel money.

My guess is that they take the cash and then tell 99.9% of punters that they cant supply the flight wivin 7 days of their prefered date and will refund the 50 euro

but i bet in the small print it says that the hotel booking is non refundable. IMO a totel con job.

Fukc mee, dis canott be rite wot the fukcs is dis abowt. eye just wont 2 bye somefing cheep

Being this is A thailand forum,please speak in baht.Not everyone is familiar with the pound or dollar.Everyone onderstands the thai baht.

not my choice

the ad was not in baht

go figure :blink:

i think it was in dollars as that is more of an international currency

however it all seems odd to me that the ad was for tourists already here in thailand, chai mai?

some of the posts helped to clarify

THE CATCH

that was the point of the thread

thanks folks

apologizes for the slang in op

i see it only encourages the masses ;)

Edited by deejah

50 USD is 77.50 GBP. Which is it?

Clealy maths is not your strong point!

Don't think I'll ask you to exchange money for me!!!

The OP wasn't sure if what he saw was in dollars or pounds.

He'll exchange loads for me, I have a bunch of US$ and I think I'd like to change them in GBP :) :)

+1 :thumbsup:

Me too if I had any...