Nong Khai

Visited Nong Khai last week for the 90day over the bridge into Laos and back to LoS standard routine except this time I had a new passport:

Old passport had been put through the wash but contained Multi Entry Non Immg class O visa and all previous entry and exit stamps (all legal).

New Passport fresh - details page only.

No problems Thai Immg directed me into the office (Thai side of the border) where it took about 30 minutes to formally enter and cross reference new and old passport details, after about 6 signatures and all cross referencing entered into new passport I was on my way.

Caught the shuttle bus (be wary the guy on the Thai side charges 20 baht supposedly for a return trip when you board he collects ticket stubs from you).

Laos, filled out applications for visa and entry/exit card paid $30 American (worth noting as I had bought some American dollars in Khon Kaen so it cost approx 1250 baht rather than the 1600 baht required when using Thai currency). (Dont forget passport size photo)

Walked through paid another 10 baht entry fee a quick 1 minute look at the Lao sky and out again no exit fee and wait for the return shuttle to Thai side of the Bridge this time a 10 baht sign indicates cost of the trip.

A good trip and no problems I thought it was worth posting so as to raise the points:

1.You still require your old passport if it contains you visa.

2.Thai immgration do enter a cross reference in the data base.

3.You can save yourself 350 baht by taking American Dollars.

4.Also watch out for the shuttle bus shark on the Thai side of the border.

##Saved 360 baht which if wisely invested into 9 bottles of Chang will be pay dividends beyond belief. :o

aletta quite a lot of movement Legal or Illegal have no idea. River was in full flight did not notice any fish movement very muddy.

On a more serious note I believe there is a closed period next month another conference ## this needs Confirming only intended as a heads up Please confirm True or Not?