Pregnancy Test Kits And Online Pharma Questions.

Shurup

Hi folks.

Here is the thing - my GF is missing her period (only 2-3 days) and is worrying that she got pregnant. While it makes me happy, she isn't but this is another story.

What I want her to go is go to hospital and check if she is pregnant so she stop guessing. The problem here is she is too shy and she can't do that and for the same reason she can't go to pharmacy and buy one of those home pregnancy check kits. Not sure 100% but they should sell them in Thailand as well (I am Canadian) or am I wrong and such things are not available here?

And as topic says, can someone recommend any reliable online pharmcy in Thailand so I can order the kit and have it sent to my appartment?

Thanks everyone in advance!

I don't know of any online pharmacies within Thailand.

OTC pregnancy test kits are widely available, almost any pharmacy will have them.

If she is too shy to purchase, suggest she ask a friend to go buy it. boots, Watsons, or any large pharmacy will all have it. just ask for "urine test for pregnancy'.

I would leave the online pharmacy question open as I am pretty sure she would be too shy to ask her friends as well, but I will suggest that, thanks.

Also is it really a reason to worry if it's only missing by 3 days for now? I mean can there be a shift in female body of some sort for whatever reason so now her period would not come on as usual? We just came back from a trip to Canada and the jet lag was very hard on her, she never traveled that far ever.

Thanks again for your support.

OK well, she got drunk and went and bought the check kit herself. She is saying it said she isn't pregnant.

How accurate are these kits?

And the following question is still open, don't need an online pharma anymore:

Also is it really a reason to worry if it's only missing by 3 days for now? I mean can there be a shift in female body of some sort for whatever reason so now her period would not come on as usual? We just came back from a trip to Canada and the jet lag was very hard on her, she never traveled that far ever.

I personally have not heard of jet lag as a problem, but in regards to your first question - it depends on the woman. It depends how "regular" she normally is. For some women, 1 day late is a problem, while for others, 1 week is not even a big deal.

OK well, she got drunk and went and bought the check kit herself. She is saying it said she isn't pregnant.

No offense to your girlfriend, but it's probably a really good thing that she's not pregnant. Does she realize the damage that alcohol can do to a fetus in the very early stages? Next time I would suggest another method of getting "brave" enough to walk into a pharmacy and get a pregnancy test.

No offense to your girlfriend, but it's probably a really good thing that she's not pregnant. Does she realize the damage that alcohol can do to a fetus in the very early stages? Next time I would suggest another method of getting "brave" enough to walk into a pharmacy and get a pregnancy test.

I understant it's a very bad thing to do, but she already mentioned abortion, I didn't want her do that but we are not married and for her it's something terrible to get pregnant while not married.

A woman's menstrual period can be delayed for many, many reasons..including jet lag and stress.

As to the accuracy of the tests, it varies with the product, but all of them work by detecting the hormone HCG in the urine if it is present above a certain threshold, and the quantity of HCG present in the urine of a pregnant woman is pretty low 1-2 days after a missed period but increases with each passing day. See also http://contraception.about.com/od/contraceptionfailure/a/pregnancytests.htm

What she should do is wait until a few days and then, if still no period, repeat the test. By the time a period is 1 week late, false negative results are rare (still possible, but rare).

Hopefully having bought the test kit once she'll feel less shy about buying it again.