Nice Thai Restaurant Recommendations

ashacat

Hello!

I am taking some friends of friends out for dinner this evening. They are staying in the Hilton Millenium so I would like to stay in that area, either; around the river near Taksin bridge, Sathorn or Silom.

I would like to take them to a 'Thai food' restaurant with a nice ambiance, i.e. nowhere with v. loud music, bright strip lights or on the pavement. Price wise around 300-600 Baht per person (excluding drinks).

Does anyone know of somewhere which may be suitable?

Thanks in advance...

why not take a supper river cruse from YOK YOR restaurant pier.the Thai food is good and about 600bahts pp inc cover charge and drinks,and they get to see Bangkok by river.

my other suggestion is TALLING PING ,in tanon Pan(that's that's the soi next to india temple in silom,it is a bit western but the thai food is first class.

I would recommend Benjarong in The Dusit Thani Hotel. I have never had better Thai food than what I have had there. I used to live a short walk from Ban Khanita so I tried it a few times but I never had a meal there as good as Benjarong.

Thanks for all the replies!!

I would recomend the Yok Yor itself, no need to go on the cruise.

Yes, someone else has suggested this to me. Is it very close to the Hilton (walking distance?) also I was told that there are 3 or 4 Yok Yors..... Is it only seafood or do they have a varied selection?

Also, Baan Kanitha, I have never been there before, but it sounds nice! Is it within my budget (the website does not show any prices- not a good sign!)

Thanks again.

Edited by ashacat

If Baan Kanitha on Sathorn have the same prices as the Suk soi 23 branch, it's way too expensive,..... <_<

You will not get much within your budget! ;)

Edited by bergen

Check out the Buri Tara on the River right past the bridge, Entrees are about 500 Baht. YOu can dine inside or outside adjacent to the river. After 8:00pm there is a nice 2-man piano lounge singing group.

I see a lot of Thais at The View Restaurant down Charoen Nakorn every night

I live the opposite side of the river from The View and have eaten there many times, the food is good, but the band can be loud at times, even when sitting outside. Also you could try Supatra River house, same side of river as Hilton, it is opposite the grand palace/thammasat university.

http://www.supatrariverhouse.net/

Edited by random