Iphone Screen Repair In Bkk - Best Prices As Of Jan 2011

CrankyCarrot

I've played iPhone basketball a few times too many, and the screen is in need of replacement. Everything works, it's just that the display cover is cracked. I'm staying near MBK and Panthip Plaza, so now seems like a good time to get everything fixed up. Yesterday Panthip closed early due to a little ruckus caused by our friends with the Red Shirts, but I was able to get a few quotes from MBK.

Can you guys give me an idea as to whether these deals are as good as it gets in BKK?

New screen replacement ranged from 1200-1500thb including labour, and would take around 20-30 mins to complete.

One shop offered to replace my screen with a slightly scruffy, though uncracked 2nd hand screen for 800thb.

On the one hand I'm thinking 400thb dif is worth it to get a brand new part, but on the other hand I know my screens just going to get all scuffed up again and end up looking like the 2nd hand ones in a matter of weeks anyway. I assume the people who swapped out their old screens were just pedantic about them being clean, but I suppose there's a possibility I might wind up with a defective one.

Come to think of it, this could happen with the new screens too. You never know in Thailand, right?

What have been other peoples' experiences with this process?

Well, don't all rush forward at once. I went with the 1200thb new screen repair in the end, and so far it seems to work fine. The good people at the MBK phone repair shop even through in a screen protector, a quick clean of the unit and a Leo beer - always a nice touch.

If it screws up, I'll post back here. Hope this info helps someone else in a similar situation.

Well, don't all rush forward at once. I went with the 1200thb new screen repair in the end, and so far it seems to work fine. The good people at the MBK phone repair shop even through in a screen protector, a quick clean of the unit and a Leo beer - always a nice touch.

If it screws up, I'll post back here. Hope this info helps someone else in a similar situation.

Nice they added the screen protector. Prices here in the US range for DIY parts from $65 to (hard to believe Amazon dealer) $3 for the digitizer and cover glass. So I'd say it was a decent price installed. I have a friend that did his a year ago for about $50 plus $5 for the plastic tools to take it apart.

moved to Apple Forum

Oh. Maybe that's why I didn't get any replies at first. Oops.

Anyway, I realised on my way home I'd forgotten to get the store name, although I could find it if I had to by walking around and looking for the same staff member (chatted her up for the ten minutes it took for the technician to fix the phone). If I'm back there for more IT shopping, I'll be sure to have a look and post the name here. There was at least one other store that offered to do it for 1200 too. I was looking for that store when the counter girl grabbed me and quoted the same price.

I'm pretty sure 1200thb is as good as it gets for a new, authentic Apple screen replacement at the moment.

Still no probs, and she really did a good job cleaning it and affixing the protector (I can't be stuffed fiddling with those things and ironing the bubbles out). Beer really hit the spot on a hot evening too.

I recall asking around in Sydney, Australia and Malaysia and Phuket also and the price seemed to be universally equivalent to over US $100. Bangkok's the place to go if you're screen needs replacing, that's for sure.