Where To Find Genuine Brand New Battery Around 15Amps?

Cobrabiker

I changed my batt about 1 month ago in Pattaya for 2800baht Yuasa, brand new according to the mechanic, measured 12.5 volts, ran for few days and left it for 4 days unused and it went flat.

Charged it up and left for a few days again and went flat, I can confirmed it is a reconditioned battery, watch out for this shop on 3rd road between Pattaya south & central.

I want to know where can I get real genuine brand new sealed battery for 14 to 15 amps, and how much? Thanks!

Thanks thaicbr for the link. In fact this afternoon I went back and talked to the boss, he took out another Yuasa batt, dry and added the water right in front of me, so now I know there are 2 versions of Yuasa batteries, this is slightly bigger, he said 3800, and I said ok, after he had installed, I told him I pay another 1k and he said no, must pay in full, or he took out, and accused that was the fault of my rectifier, but the honda rectifier was intalled a year ago by his shop also, so <deleted>, off I went.

So now I know, small batt ususally come added with water, like my honda click, but big batt 12amp and up, make sure they add the water right in front of you, if not, most likely you are paying for a recon batt, and worst still if you are in the mountain at night, no one is gonna help you push start your bike. And now I know how this word LOS derived from, they are smiling cos foreigners' money are easy to earn. watch out, he still have 11 left, bad business plan though!

Just go to any big Honda dealer that also sells the CBR's .... cheap and good batteries (Orginal Yussa).

There are Yussa's made in Thailand (real Yussa's) and there are imported Yussa's (also real Yussa's).

There might also be copie Yussa's or second-hand Yussa's. Be aware that when a once used battery is emptied for transport (like with imported second-hand motorbikes) then you might as well better buy a new battery.

Chang Noi

I ordered a Yuasa YTX14-BS it was 2650 then 100 baht to put on bus, The bus trip cost me 40 baht. From Bangkok to Surin

Did it come to you dry, with seperate acid pack? Is it 12amp? How long have you use it and is it still good? I think yours is a genuine one as I remembered the number 14, the boss told me this is 14 amps but stated 12 amp?? And he was trying to sell me at 3800 Baht.

ChangNoi, you are right, he imported them, I think YTX12, obviously he knew they were recon and he was selling it at a much lower price 2800 vs the genuine YTX14 from Thailand 3800. He didn't want to bear the cost of his mistake and tried to pull his way out, but shit, he is going to lose all future businesses from me and some others reading this forum.

Recon batt is hard to tell, as it still measures up to the standard voltage, but does not have enough amphere to do the work, eg. start the engine, and most shop don't have amphere meter to do the proper measurement.

I don't know what dimension battery your after but I would assume that the 12 & 14 amp series Yuasa are similar. I can highly recommend the Yuasa YTZ10S -14S series gel cells. The YTZ10S is OEM on my 2004 model R1 as was actually positioned on its side in my bike. It took a lot of abuse in the middle east: extreme heat & haphazard storage & charging. Very durable batteries.

YTZ14S

YTZ14S.jpg

Edited by Garry

Hi Garry, I am not sure whethere Gel batt is sold in Thailand, if it is, can it stand up to the hot weather here? And how much is it for the 14 amp?

It'll stand up to the hot weather believe me. Well the YTZ10S's do. I've been in 48*c heat on toasty highways, engine temps close 100*c. God knows what the radiant heat was like under the fairings. Everyone carried camel hydration packs (good proxy back protector by the way). One good thing about the 04 R1 battery location,it was basically directly below the rear end of the fuel tank at the front of your seat. I've had these batteries almost dead flat with just enough juice to kick the solenoid any nothing else. I don't recommend doing it but I didn't have a trickle charger at the time. Balls in your court :D :jap:

Edited by Garry

Thanks Gary & Katabeachbum for your info on gel batteries, so gel and acid sealed batteries, which one last longer?

I never had much to do with sealed acid batteries, as I'm not sure if they have orientation issue or not. Whereas with gel batteries you could hang them upside down without any issues of leaking or unwanted venting. I personally am a huge fan of gel cells. I'm an aircraft guy and like the intrinsically safe idea of gel cells.

Wow folks, I had no idea there was so much to motorcycle batteries...

Always thought a battery is a battery is a battery.

I've always gone for sealed maintenance free ones and when they stop holding a charge I buy a new one.

When I need a battery I just go to any big shop, point at what I've got and they give me a new one, job done.

(Well, ok, I must confess I haven't kept a bike long enough in recent years to need a new battery, but I did change the battery in my Vigo last year... ;))

Ride On!

Tony

Wow folks, I had no idea there was so much to motorcycle batteries...

Always thought a battery is a battery is a battery.

I've always gone for sealed maintenance free ones and when they stop holding a charge I buy a new one.

When I need a battery I just go to any big shop, point at what I've got and they give me a new one, job done.

(Well, ok, I must confess I haven't kept a bike long enough in recent years to need a new battery, but I did change the battery in my Vigo last year... ;))

Ride On!

Tony

huge difference in quality

for Vigo, the crap ones last 1,5-2 years

Boliden lasts 3-4 years

Thanks Gary & Katabeachbum for your info on gel batteries, so gel and acid sealed batteries, which one last longer?

oldest gel ones I have are 3 years so dont know in LOS yet

For a bike, go gel, no acid to move during a wheelie or rubberside up

Are the sealed one's gel?

Btw, I just found out the Yuasa with model number 12 is actually 10 amp, so the correct fit is a 14. I told them I wanted a new 12 amp batt and what I got was a recon 10 amp shit. Guys watch out for this road machine on 3rd road. Thanks all for the input.