Plumbing Supplies In Bangkok

depe

I need to build a simple "machine" (a T-handle) for my strength exercise. The assembly instructions can be found here (the first picture should tell you enough): http://www.davedrape...PmWiki.T-Handle

Basically I just need a T fitting, floor flange and some pipes with threading. These standard parts should be available in US basically in any hardware store with low cost, but the story seems to be different in Thailand. I checked Home Pro, and they didn't seem to have anything related to this. I (or actually my local friend) also checked some local small shops, but with no success.

Does anyone know where I should be looking for? This shouldn't be impossible.

I am located in Bangkok (Rangsit). I could visit Pattaya too, if someone knows a shop/guy who can provide these parts for sure

Any decent hardware store has those fittings. Print out the drawing & take it with you. Hok Hoon is 3/4 inch.

Thanks! Do you have more detailed instructions about which stores and where?

The thing is that when I have showed this picture to (Thai) people who I thought would knew where to buy this stuff, I have just received empty looks and uncertainty. It kind of makes me frustrated to hear things like "floor flanges don't exist in Thailand"...

By the way, what means Hok Hoon? Six something?

I happened to pass a place with racks of the stuff in various sizes on Lat Prao on the corner of Soi 20 (GE: 13°48'27.09"N 100°34'14.62"E):

11012011119.jpg11012011121.jpg11012011120.jpg

It seemed they could cut it but couldn't put a thread on the cut end, and I didn't see any fittings like T-pieces or the floor flange, but this is the kind of place you're looking to start from.

The stuff in your link is also used as scaffolding, especially where a temporary stage or guard/hand rail is required, so ask around for general builder's supplies.

Beyond that there are innumerable welding/fabrication shops that can weld two pieces of the above piping or scaffolding with the thread at the long end then get/fabricate a flange to hold the weight.,

Just some thoughts...

K.

Thanks. It seems that I must hunt these parts from differents shops, unless someone else has an idea...

I would prefer not to weld two pipes together (instead of using the Tee fitting), because it would be a bit difficult to change the weights.

When we did the hot water piping side in my house, we bought steel tube from a business similar to the one depicted above, cut the sections to length and had these threaded very cheaply at a local metalwork workshop. I didn't do this part of the job myself but think the threaded connectors ( T joints etc) were purchased ready made.

Pipe and fittings are a specialty item sold in shops that just sell that or major contractor supply type businesses and can easily be seen as will be open with pipe on display as in photos above. HomePro type stores are not conducive for pipe sales (which require pickups and room).

Believe there is a Boontavon contractor supply store in Rangsit which likely would have.

Those fittings and pipe are 3/4 inch gas fittings, and should be available for commercial/industrial use, would need to locate a pipe fitting business, but i'm sure the parts would be identified from the image you supplied.

the fittings shown in the picture are galvanized, but they are gas pipe thread and fittings as used in sizes from 3/8 inch to 12inches plus, to carry gas, oil water,steam,etc,some are galvanized some are plain steel, threaded by hand or on an electric threading machine,with a gas thread, all terms used are english english.

Edited by steve187

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi, I've found nearly everything I need for plumbing our house but two items. I am looking for an 1 1/2" PVC trap adapter for that final connection between the sinks p-trap and the PVC drain pipe. The adapter comes with a rubber or plastic compression nut that tightens down around the p-trap outflow. This adapter glues to the PVC drain pipe. Also would like to find one way venting valve as I don't want to penetrate the roof tils for the vent. Any suggestions woul be appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know if the thread standard on Thai fittings is the same as in USA ? If I take a Thai purchases toilet spray hose will it fit in USA?

NPT (National Pipe Thread) is the standard pipe thread in the USA, BSP (British Standard Pipe) is used in Thailand.

However, in the smaller sizes they are sufficiently similar that Thai fittings should fit in the US with no issues. 1/2" NPT to 1/2" BSP both have 14 threads per inch so they match up quite well. The primary difference is in the pitch (angle of the thread) which is 60? to 55?. Use PTFE tape and they should screw together and seal OK.

Bum guns are cheap enough that a suck-it-and-see approach won't break the bank.

Watch out for your local plumbing regulations regarding the use of check (non-return) valves with these devices.