Charcoal?

khunblue

The Den Ha market has it in the large rice sacks, maybe 20 kilos. It is kept in a back room and is sold by the "anchor" store at that market. Just ask anyone in that market, they will point out the shop for you. It is the "pressed" or "compressed" style, long cylinders with a hole through the center. Burns for hours. The price is a bit high, in my opinion. The stuff is available all over town but I haven't shopped for better prices yet. I should. I buy quite a bit of it. I would guess if you find their supplier, you would get it for half price.

Please let us know what type and where you purchase yours.

Best to get both Big and Small Charcoal pieces. Stoked in virtually every market area. Just have to ask around. Is cheaper in the outlying villages, as locals use it daily for cooking.

Let us know when you have scrumptious BBQ Pork Ribs on offer. CAjun style or traditional BBQ ?

We've just been cooking pizzas on one of your wife's companys BBQs using this compressed charcoal from Den Ha market. Both contributed to give truly excellent heat production and retention. Our first time trying to cook pizza this way - aided by two experts who used to run a pizza/pasta restaurant (might have helped slightly!!), and I have to say the pizza base was the best I've ever had. Next time it's the roast chicken. This charcoal still had heat aplenty after a couple of hours, and didn't take long to heat up. The uncompressed charcoal we've tried gives out plenty of heat but fades fast and left a lot more mess.

The Den Ha market has it in the large rice sacks, maybe 20 kilos. It is kept in a back room and is sold by the "anchor" store at that market. Just ask anyone in that market, they will point out the shop for you. It is the "pressed" or "compressed" style, long cylinders with a hole through the center. Burns for hours. The price is a bit high, in my opinion. The stuff is available all over town but I haven't shopped for better prices yet. I should. I buy quite a bit of it. I would guess if you find their supplier, you would get it for half price.

Please let us know what type and where you purchase yours.

We've just been cooking pizzas on one of your wife's companys BBQs using this compressed charcoal from Den Ha market. Both contributed to give truly excellent heat production and retention. Our first time trying to cook pizza this way - aided by two experts who used to run a pizza/pasta restaurant (might have helped slightly!!), and I have to say the pizza base was the best I've ever had. Next time it's the roast chicken. This charcoal still had heat aplenty after a couple of hours, and didn't take long to heat up. The uncompressed charcoal we've tried gives out plenty of heat but fades fast and left a lot more mess.

She will read this tonight and she will be pleased that someone else found it to double well as an oven.