Where Can I Find Farang Friends Living In Bangkok?

Stan42

The other side to meeting with farangs is that they always tell you all their problems. You know, the gf always wants money, her family are always sick, she never tells the truth, etc, etc. :) Yawn.

I did lend a farang money once. I knew him well and and I knew he would return the money (and he did). He hooked up with the lady and then when they were parting his visa card wouldn't work in the machine so he couldn't give her any money. I mean how embarrassing!

Does anyone remember the old Country Road, before it got bulldozed to become another super expensive condo/hotel? Maybe this will happen to all of Sukhumvit and then it will be a place full of expensive condos bought by farangs with no bars or entertainment?

Hi Stan

maybe if you told people of your interests you might get people a bit more willing to meet up, not sure age has got much to do with things out here

Well...uhm... I'm not so keen on revealing personal information to strangers, but here's the bare minimum:

- I'm male

- I'm 26

- I prefer pubs over clubs

- I have an above average income for a Thai (yes the cliché is sadly true about Thai girls asking you about your wallet within 60 seconds of meeting you):(

- I know some people at the British Club (but they're all retired, so well above my age)

- I have about 15-20 Thai friends and am fluent in Thai, save for reading and writing.

- My "hobby" is mostly my work (no really!)

- I'm usually available for most social activities after the sun goes down (I'm a grouchy morning person):vampire:

- I do socialize, but normally in groups with people I know, as opposed to random strangers (so less opportunity to meet new people)

That's about all the digital fingerprints I'm willing to leave. PM me if you want to know more.

Actually, about the last statement: I got a PM from a wierdo with 0 posts, and asking me a bunch of personal questions. Does that happen often around here?:blink:

C'mon folks ... stan is even willing to pay you to be his friends (he'll shout the beer!) Give him a break and go out with him!

Hey, hey, hey... I only said one beer. Anyway, that trick seemed to work smoothly in back in Europe. You'd be amazed at how many people I met when I said "The next one's on me!" :D