Blood In Urine Urologist In Chiang Mai

sk1max

A very fit and healthy 74 year old friend of mine has been getting blood in his urine for the past year, he is not a typical older guy, he bikes long distances, hikes, works out at the gym, and is in very good shape apart from the blood issue. He was told that the cycling was the probable cause but hasn't biked in a couple of months and still gets the blood after hardish exercise. Anyone had a similar problem? He's not even sure of the exact problem, prostate is a little large, biopsy was negative.

Can anyone recommend a good urologist in town? Thanks in advance.

Sorry, I cannot recommend a urologist, but add that I can say that I wasn't at all pleased with the guy I went to see at RAM Hospital. He was an older fellow (60s) and he didn't impress me at all. He talked around all the questions I asked him, and he finally "wore me out" and I gave up.

I'd say go to Lanna Hospital and see the urologist there or McCormick if they have one on staff.

I'll be watching this thread to see if there are any recommendations. I need to visit one again in the next six months.

Sorry, I cannot recommend a urologist, but add that I can say that I wasn't at all pleased with the guy I went to see at RAM Hospital. He was an older fellow (60s) and he didn't impress me at all. He talked around all the questions I asked him, and he finally "wore me out" and I gave up.

I'd say go to Lanna Hospital and see the urologist there or McCormick if they have one on staff.

I'll be watching this thread to see if there are any recommendations. I need to visit one again in the next six months.

CMU doctor I know recommends Drt Bannakit as haveing best reputation. In past he had very limited office hrs at Ram I (6 hrs a week). If you go to Ram I or Suajn Dok ask for him by name (Dr Lojanpiwat Bannakit, spelling by sound).

CMU doctor I know recommends Drt Bannakit as haveing best reputation. In past he had very limited office hrs at Ram I (6 hrs a week). If you go to Ram I or Suajn Dok ask for him by name (Dr Lojanpiwat Bannakit, spelling by sound).

Yes i used him and was very satisfied, he is at Ram hospital on Sunday's 12am - 1pm and wednesdays 5pm - 6pm probaly works at other hospitals as well.

If he works out quite hard it's possible that his urine is reddish, not from blood, but from myoglobin, which can be released from muscle "damage." Myoglobin has heme in it and gives a positive test for blood in urine, even though there isn't any. In a younger person this is not uncommon in long distance racing, or very heavy workouts with weights. Perhaps this sort of muscle "damage" can occur with elders at a lower level of work?

A competent doctor or nurse doing a urinalysis should be able to tell if there is whole blood present which creates "spots" on the paper indicator, or if it is hemolyzed blood (where the red blood cells have been destroyed, and the heme has leaked). Light whole blood would probably indicate urethral/prostate/bladder bleeding. Hemolyzed blood would indicate possible kidney issues. I don't think that a dipstick urinalysis can differentiate between myoglobin and hemolyzed blood.

If he's had a biopsy and he goes to a urologist he'll be put through numerous tests, probably ending with another biopsy, and possibly they too will all return with ok results. In the absence of other symptoms perhaps if the amount of "blood" is minor and transient he may just want to live with it.

He could try increasing Vitamin C. This often helps people with frequent nosebleeds as inadequate vitamin C can lead to fragile capillaries.