Getting A 55Kg Box Of Household Goods From Bkk Port To Sukhothai?

themikeymeister

Hello All

I am making the move to Thailand with the misses.

We are shipping one large box with personal possessions from the UK to BKK, which is being shipped in my wife's name.

I have the first leg of the jouney sorted, i.e. UK to BKK port, but I have not yet arranged the second leg of the trip. BKK - Sukhothai.

Can anybody recommend any couriers in the SUkhothai region, or the best way of getting the box from BKK to Sukhothai?

Does anyone also know if BKK port will charge storage costs when the box arrives?

Cheers

If you are using an import agent they will advise. I thought YOU had to collect the box yourself unless you use an import agent (they handle the paperwork of which you have to do before the box is sent))

Double check that the items in the box can infact be imported.

Good luck.

• 4 weeks later...

There's a road in Chinatown where every day dozens of very ancient looking haulage trucks pick up goods to be delivered on their route. My GF has an export business based in Kanchanburi somewhere and they often have to send goods that have come in from elsewhere and need shipping from Bangkok. The prices are incredibly cheap or so I'm told. 55kg would only be a few hundred baht, and the best part is they do cash on delivery so you can check for any damage etc. You'll need to ask around for the shophouse servicing your area. They are all based around Charoen Krung 28 IIRC.