Tv Question Re: Nfl Playoffs This Weekend

tvh13

The NFL game (American football) is on at 4:30am Monday morning. I would very much like to watch this game live.

I have read that ASN carries NFL live. Is this correct?

I can't tell wether my apartment is cable or True Vision.

I am willing to rent a hotel room for the night in order to see the game. Can anyone confirm that I need to find Truevisison with ASN?

Thanks.

ASN has the exclusive rights to the NFL here. They showed all of the playoff games last weekend so I suppose the same will occur for the rest of the playoffs. True normally shows the ASN feed. Generally, the hotels don't subscribe to all of the True sport channels so I doubt that renting a room will get you the game. Your best bet would be to see if any of the Sports Bars will stay open for the games. Duke's in Kata may be your best bet. If not, the internet may be your best option.

TrueVisons on-line TV programming is showing the following games on Truesport 3 Channel:

16th Jan 04:30 Divisional Game 1 - Baltimore Ravens at Pittsburgh

16th Jan 08:00 Divisional Game 2 - Green Bay Packers at Atlanta

17th Jan 04:30 Divisional Game 3 - New York Jets at New England

17th Jan 19:00 Divisional Game 3 - Seattle Seahawks at Chicago

Looks like Game 2 and Game 3 are full version telecasts, though presumably not live

There are also repeats (which will be the 150 minute cut down versions without the boring advert bits) on 17th and for the few days thereafter. Being a Brit, who likes NFL, I think I will go for those. Sorry I live nowhere near Phuket or you would be welcome to crash at our place. I would be surprised if you cannot find a hotel in Phuket that does not carry Truesport 3 - at least in their bar - if you ring around.

Program schedules are on:

http://www.truevisionstv.com

Yes, ASN covers the games live and repeats. I don't know any hotels that have Truevisions off hand. I have it, but it's over 2,000 Baht a month and you don't get much for that price! Good luck finding a bar that can stay open at that time with the "crack down" on closing time going on....

Yes, ASN covers the games live and repeats. I don't know any hotels that have Truevisions off hand. I have it, but it's over 2,000 Baht a month and you don't get much for that price! Good luck finding a bar that can stay open at that time with the "crack down" on closing time going on....

1,600 baht for the Gold Package surely?

Actually I think it's reasonable value but then I live in Issaan so I have time to find its hidden content. Check out the English language Thai programming, including regular Thai news in English on the TAN Channel recently added (channel 78). Content no better than the big 2 Bangkok papers, but it's more immediate and could save you 900 baht a month if you read either

1,600 baht for the Gold Package surely?

Actually I think it's reasonable value but then I live in Issaan so I have time to find its hidden content. Check out the English language Thai programming, including regular Thai news in English on the TAN Channel recently added (channel 78). Content no better than the big 2 Bangkok papers, but it's more immediate and could save you 900 baht a month if you read either

I get the Platinum package, which is a bit more than gold. I also get cable and my TV is dual language, so I can watch the Thai news with English translation or if there's a show on channel 7 that has English I can change it from Thai also... But I can see in many parts of the country they are the only thing there is, so they can charge their high rates. I'll have to unlock my True visions box and see if there are any other"new" channels they have added. I got TAN on cable already. I read the newspapers online so that doesn't save me anything. Anyway, if there was some competition to True visions, I think they may do pretty well! I just wrote them an email and asked them where my bill is again, three months now, it hasn't arrived, always did for over 4 years and asked why no NBA this year. They said they were negotiating a contract with the NBA. Hum, the season is almost half over and they are still in the process of negotiation. Still no Guide Magazine from them this month either...

Oh well, at least I get to see the NFL playoff games!

Cheers, Jimi