Yearly Registration/Inspection

ricklev

I have a Honda Wave in Bangkok, registered in Chiang Mai in 2005. I guess I need to get it inspected this year when I do the registration. I live close to Central Chidlom. Anyone know the closest place I can do it? Do I have ride it to the Motor Vehicle Office on Sukumvit 81 or so or is there a shop that can do it? Will I need to change the registration?

Thanks for your help!

in theory it needs checking BUT this is Thailand.. look out for the inspection shops. normally blue and yellow sign showing a gear cog.. they should be able to do everything for you for an extra small fee (60-100b)

You can change reg if you want. but it takes 2-4 weeks to sort out and get the new plates.. i probably would not bother.

You can get tax at any DLT.

Anybody have any idea where an inspection shop can be found located relatively close to Central Chidlom..........

Go to maps.google.co.th. Enter "department of land transport, bangkok". It then shows Transport Area Office 9, Bang Chak, Phra Khanong, Bangkok 10260. Otherwise head up to Chatuchak, but thats further away.

Thanks for the advice. I know where the land transport office is. Motorcycle taxi guys on my corner said that's where they go and don't use an agent. That was at the limit of my Thai so I thought I would ask here. If I get a Thai speaker to ask them I'm sure it will get sorted.

I know there must be one around here, just can't find it.....

A ride all the way down Sukumvit or Phayatai on a scooter will be unpleasant.