Wedding Reception Venue

RAZZELL

A mate is getting married next year in Bangkok and has asked my opinion for a venue.

The traditional bit will be done "up-country"...now he's looking for a hotel in Bangkok to have the reception in....as I believe is the norm (although any other suggestions will be gratefully received :D )

The attendees will be lower middle-class Thais. Some have jobs at the airports, some are office workers with the odd Thammasat grad and lower-ranking policeman, soldier and sailor, thrown in for good measure.

Probably less than 20 "farangs" will be present with the grand total between 50-100, more likely around 75. I think he wants to spend around 250,000-300,000 for the "buffet" etc.

So, I take it The Four Seasons, Peninsula, Sukhothai etc are out of the equation :whistling:

Finally, in brief, approximately 75 people, mainly Thai, nothing too "hi-so" due to make-up of the guests and budget, but hopefully somewhere where the room and surroundings have a touch of class or style. Perhaps Riverside or with attractive gardens?

Tough one...but any ideas?

RAZZ

Edited by soundman

The Miracle Grand near Don Mueang seems to do 10 weddings every day.

http://www.miraclegrandhotel.com/

If they insist on Northern Bangkok, Miracle Grand is the place. Can’t think of any other. Maybe the Airport Amari?

TH

The Miracle has been mentioned....I've only looked online. What's the location and food like?

I've stayed at the Amari and I thought it was a bit "old-fashioned"...but I suppose a tarted-up room will look good despite the surroundings.

RAZZ