3 Month Tourist Visa To Australia

My girl is here now on a 12 month multi entry tourist visa to australia, she had no reason to return to thai but our relationship has been ongoing for over 2 years with all evidence to prove it..so if they feel the relationship genuine, the reason to return issue seems to be relaxed somewhat...

If you submitted a Stat Dec to say that you will take responsibility for her abiding by the conditions of her visa, that negates the reason to return....the stat dec is a legal document....if she fails to abide by the visa conditions, you will be held responsible.

start writing a few letters between yourself and GF ,,, date them 6 months ago (but throw away the envelopes),, then get as much in the way of documents as you can,,,i.e ..banks statements , a letter from your employer and hers,,,a couple of letters from a sponsor or 2 in Oz (maybe your parents) saying that she will be supported while in the country,,,,if your GF has a job l think it is critical that you get a letter from her boss saying she has a job to come back to and maybe parents to look after ,,,, from memory (which is a bit dim) it took me 1 day to get a tourist visa for my wife(we were not legally married then) and had known each other for less than 6 months ,,,but a woman we spoke to at the embassy had tried 8 times to get to Oz ,,,, my wife also has a respectable job here ( she thinks so anyway)

the luck of the draw l think

good luck

• 9 months later...

OK sorry to go over old ground but my mate would like his girlfriend to visit him in Australia and before trudging down to BKK I just want to be sure of a couple of things.

Her application is Form 48R ?

Does she require the Police Check paperwork from BKK? How long does this take? It seems to me she does need it but I have not seen anyone mention it.

She does not require a medical?

She does not require her paperwork to be certified translations? Although we have translated some of it anyway.

Many thanks for any advise.

Edited by UdonRoy

If you submitted a Stat Dec to say that you will take responsibility for her abiding by the conditions of her visa, that negates the reason to return....the stat dec is a legal document....if she fails to abide by the visa conditions, you will be held responsible.

endquote

i went through this so thoroughly i forget most of it.

but the stupid thing is that the stat dec and what you say in it in relation to supporting another person is not enforceable under Australian law.

yep, so why do they ask for it?? dunno....

after first refusal (Myanmar national, application in Yangon, processed in Bangkok), a communication from me to a federal minister i happened to know personally, did seem to help with the second application/appeal.

that was 10 years ago.

more recently same person was granted a visa after supplying all the stuff.

even got one with a renewal possible, most unusual.

make sure they understand you are genuine and make a lot of noise.

get names in embassies and call them, be a nuisance.

talk to your local member,

most australians don't realise how draconian the rules are for a simple tourist visa.

noise noise noise...............................

OK sorry to go over old ground but my mate would like his girlfriend to visit him in Australia and before trudging down to BKK I just want to be sure of a couple of things.

Her application is Form 48R ?

Does she require the Police Check paperwork from BKK? How long does this take? It seems to me she does need it but I have not seen anyone mention it.

She does not require a medical?

She does not require her paperwork to be certified translations? Although we have translated some of it anyway.

Many thanks for any advise.

No medical or police check required for a 3 month TV....good idea to translate documents now as they can be used for future applications where translated docs are required.

48R is the required form

start writing a few letters between yourself and GF ,,, date them 6 months ago (but throw away the envelopes),, then get as much in the way of documents as you can,,,i.e ..banks statements , a letter from your employer and hers,,,a couple of letters from a sponsor or 2 in Oz (maybe your parents) saying that she will be supported while in the country,,,,if your GF has a job l think it is critical that you get a letter from her boss saying she has a job to come back to and maybe parents to look after ,,,, from memory (which is a bit dim) it took me 1 day to get a tourist visa for my wife(we were not legally married then) and had known each other for less than 6 months ,,,but a woman we spoke to at the embassy had tried 8 times to get to Oz ,,,, my wife also has a respectable job here ( she thinks so anyway)

the luck of the draw l think

good luck

Egg have you read the guidlines on the AustEmbassy's website? Any letters submitted must have the postmarked envelopes attached. We lodged earlier this week for a tourist visa and the girl at the counter checked every letter and stapled on the envelopes, as I just had them loose.

A few months ago I took my (now wife) to Australia for a Holiday. We were there for about 3 weeks but the process came with the same difficulties.

We provided photos, birth cert's, invitation letters, passports, 12 months of telephone records (i use skype, it only records the past 6 months and deletes the rest so only provided this) sponsorship from myself (even though I know live and work in Indonesia) bank statements, and all the required info and more. My wife got the phone call and was asked where I met her which was in the Beauty Salon in Din Daeng where she worked at the time. The next question was when which she replied 'January', the lady on the phone immediately asked "last January?" which my wife quickly answered yes then corrected her self and said "sorry January last year" (all of this in thai) and the woman on the phone hounded her on the the remark of last January and tried her best to prove the story a fake. I was not allowed to speak with the interviewer but rang the embassy back and asked why the interviewer took such an offensive attack I was asked to provide further an outline of every holiday i've taken to Thailand, when I met her, when we stayed together and what activities we did. After another 5 days waiting they were ready to give her the stamp in her passport.

They are quite difficult in my eyes but persistence is a winner.

Edited by jackliveswhere

• 2 weeks later...

Long time reader, first time poster :o

Hey there Pak,

I met my now thai girlfriend whilst holidaying in Samui with friends in April. Flew back in September to spend 3 weeks with her in Bangkok where she lives. Applied for a 3 month visa for her whilst there and received approval within 5 days. She will be visiting in January.

Provided the following information/documents –

Printed phone records home phone and detailed mobile received/dialed calls and duration.

Detailed printouts of all text message communication.

Letter from my employer stating term of employment and current salary.

Pay slips for 1 month.

Photos, of which I only had two with us together as my friends were in most of them with her and me being the photographer.

Stat dec stating how long I have known her, that I am inviting her to oz for a holiday, that I will financially support her, that I will provide accommodation for her and that I have the means to do so.

Bank statements for the last six months. I initially only took 1 month with me so had to go downstairs at the Thai CC building jump online and print the previous 5 months worth.

Bank transfers into her account.

Photocopy of my passport including the pages with thai immigration stamps to show that I had visited Thailand 4 times previously.

That was it.

She is not currently employed and simply stated family for her reason to return to Thailand.

She received a phone call from the embassy and was asked a few questions relating to how long we had known each other, where we met, why she is coming, when she is planning on coming and the purpose of her visit. The phone was then passed to me and I was asked similar questions along with my ability to support her.

All in all the process was very straight forward. I guess it may have helped that I was actually in Thailand at the time of the application, thus further proof of us spending time with one another.

If you go to the Thai CC building for your application be sure to fill out the feedback form with positive responses. Just in case the staff do read them, you never know.

Found this site very helpful ozvisathai.com

Can't wait till she gets here.

Cheers.

And I was wondering if you certified the documents you handed in?
- I didn't (never though of it), I just stated in the Stat Dec that all information/docomentation provided was correct & factual.
Do they really require bank statements for the past 6 months? or your bank statements at all, it is just a tourist visa, I was under the impression that payslips were enough.
- if you are stating that you will financially support her, it would be a good idea.

Got her Visa in 2 weeks, the most nerve wracking wait I have ever been through, she just returned to LOS two weeks ago :o

And I was wondering if you certified the documents you handed in?
- I didn't (never though of it), I just stated in the Stat Dec that all information/docomentation provided was correct & factual.
Do they really require bank statements for the past 6 months? or your bank statements at all, it is just a tourist visa, I was under the impression that payslips were enough.
- if you are stating that you will financially support her, it would be a good idea.

Got her Visa in 2 weeks, the most nerve wracking wait I have ever been through, she just returned to LOS two weeks ago :o

A reason why you could use certified copies is that then they can be used for future spouse applications