Screwed

At the risk of sounding repetetive...here's my story. I teach at one of the lovely bilingual schools here in the Kingdom, and one of those with a bit of a dodgy reputation (as I have come to find out) with immigration and the Education Ministry. You've probably heard of our chain...starts with an "S." Anyhoo...after my first non-B and extension ran out, I went to the Assistant Director (and head of human resources) to say I was needing to make a visa run. She "suggested" I talk to so-and-so, the head of English Studies who had a "friend" at Immigration, and blah, blah, you know that story. Well, being the gullible fool I am, I thought "OK, the head of HR is telling me this is the way to go, so...why not?" Oh, if I could only go back to that moment. To make a long story short (too late, I know) because of the APEC mess and other excuses, I did not see my passport for FIVE MONTHS! After daily harping, I got it back today...with nothing done as far as visas. Now I have a 5-month overstay, and they promise to give me 20,000 baht to pay, and send me off to Penang. Now my worries...will they smile at the border and take my 20,000 and send me on my way, or will I be clamped in irons and taken away? And will the happy smilers in Penang give me that non-B or will I be stuck in Malaysia forever? Sign me...

A fool in the Kingdom :o

Guest IT Manager

Take the 20,000 baht, buy a ticket to Malaysia, not a border walk, go to the airport. Report to Immigration. Hand them your Passport, say sorry, I was dumb. They may process you out. Apologise profusely. Pay the fine, go to Malaysia and apply for a new visa, praying all the while.

You have the most appropriate name for any thread I have ever seen.

Then, when you get back, join ajarn.com. Open a thread. Name the school and the people you were screwed thoroughly by, then come back here and put a link to your thread in www.ajarn.com.

If you aren't sure how to do the link, PM me for assistance which will be happily provided. I am sick to death of teachers being screwed by second rate schools who screw the students as well. Need about 100 less per square mile of Kingdom in my opinion.

That way, you warn our members, and don't breach our terms of service by naming a company or individual.

Good bloody luck mate. Screwed indeed.

###### is right. Bring 20,000 Baht in cash and don't argue with the nice officers at Immigration at the airport, dress politely before going to Don Muang and just fly to Penang.

Ask the school to issue a letter explaining the 'bureauctatic mistake". Consulates love paperwork, even odd ones. Bring that bullshit letter together with a new recommedation letter to Penang.

Voila!

Advise: Don't get caught on overstay before you reach the airport!! http://www.thaivisa.com/303.0.html

I beg to disagree! The title thread gives no clue as to the contents and I was only tempted to read the plight of this mongrel out of pure frustration!

I beg to disagree! The title thread gives no clue as to the contents and I was only tempted to read the plight of this mongrel out of pure frustration!

Go back and read it again.

IT was referring to his NAME not the thread title.

An associate of mine used to wait until he had overstayed by approximately one yearand then show up at Don Muang with an air ticket and 20,000 baht. His rationale was that it was cheaper and less hassle than flying out every three months. He got away with it each time. What this tells me is that immigration are usually OK so long as you have the money for your fine and a valid air ticket. I'm not advising anyone to deliberately overstay as they would have serious problems if they were stopped by police outside an immigration check point.