This Kind Of Thing Makes Me Sick To My Stomach !

tigerfish

Amazing Thai Visa, someone shows some concern and compassion for a baby and still some posters manage to tell him to go home if he dont like it and learn to live with it, this is Thailand, well done :rolleyes:

Agree,

If the Police did their job and not look after their own private interests then many young lives would be saved. Nothing to do with Thai freedom, we have more actual freedom in the west but laws to keep us alive are in place and policed.

No, wearing a seatbelt is not a freedom if there is a $250 fine for not wearing it. It is a freedom if the adult can choose for themselves. A $250 fine is another way of saying tax. I don't need laws to keep me alive. I've done just fine on my own.

Darwin called it natural selection, and we've been interfering with it for years. Now we need even more laws to protect the stupid from themselves. Then they reproduce and the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Fine until someone has to scrape you off the road eh.. :rolleyes:

Bit like the smoker who thinks cancer will not happen to them.

No, smoking is stupid and if a smoker thinks cancer can not happen to him, he is twice stupid. But if someone wants to smoke - go for it. Not my business nor the government's. But by your logic all of the following should be banned, in addition to smoking, to "protect us": McDonalds, alcohol of any kind, rock climbing, skateboarding (over 1/2 million broken bones per year), aspirin (15,000 plus deaths per year), and watching television. Or maybe we should just issue fines for those who engage in these activities.

I took the trouble to go through an extensive professional driving course while in my twenties. Haven't come close to an accident in 30 years. Not even in Chiang Mai!

And for a middle-aged male to be issued a citation for no helmet while riding a bicycle in a grassy park and the citation is $175 has nothing to do with protecting citizens - it's revenue, plain and simple. One reason I came here was to raise children the way I see fit. Not the government's way.

Fine until someone has to scrape you off the road eh.. :rolleyes:

Bit like the smoker who thinks cancer will not happen to them.

No, smoking is stupid and if a smoker thinks cancer can not happen to him, he is twice stupid. But if someone wants to smoke - go for it. Not my business nor the government's. But by your logic all of the following should be banned, in addition to smoking, to "protect us": McDonalds, alcohol of any kind, rock climbing, skateboarding (over 1/2 million broken bones per year), aspirin (15,000 plus deaths per year), and watching television. Or maybe we should just issue fines for those who engage in these activities.

I took the trouble to go through an extensive professional driving course while in my twenties. Haven't come close to an accident in 30 years. Not even in Chiang Mai!

And for a middle-aged male to be issued a citation for no helmet while riding a bicycle in a grassy park and the citation is $175 has nothing to do with protecting citizens - it's revenue, plain and simple. One reason I came here was to raise children the way I see fit. Not the government's way.

Sorry, but l feel sorry for your kids. Laws are laws, to protect the numbnuts and the innocent, that's why laws are brought in over a period of dealing with putting dead folk in plastic bags.

Your thinking about $, the cop is thinking about your long future. :)

I feel the same about 'those irresponsible folks' who have kids before being able to afford to pay their future tuition or worse yet, before they have any paid off assets or life insurance to pass down to them should the parents kick the bucket before their children become adults. Russian roulette on a life scale.

:)

Sorry, but l feel sorry for your kids. Laws are laws, to protect the numbnuts and the innocent, that's why laws are brought in over a period of dealing with putting dead folk in plastic bags.

Your thinking about $, the cop is thinking about your long future. :)

Nothing to do with the money.

I was a cop and never wrote anyone for any of these types of "offenses." And my kids ride their bikes in a much safer and responsible manner than their friends who wear helmets. Wonder why.....

Edited by happyrobert

You guys not doing quotes properly is doing my head in.

I can no longer work out who said what, or who I agree with.

Well done you've spoiled the whole thread for me.

Maybe you should not post until you can learn how to use the quotes system.

You guys not doing quotes properly is doing my head in.

I can no longer work out who said what, or who I agree with.

Well done you've spoiled the whole thread for me.

Maybe you should not post until you can learn how to use the quotes system.

He did it, he did it! I tried to fix it....

I'm the one who said what you agree with.

Going to the pub one night recently and noticed a 2 Women in a car with the driver holding a baby on her lap,talking on mobile phone, smoking a fag while trying to turn onto a majour road.

She was obviously also getting very annoyed at all the approaching cars giver her the "bums rush" trying to WARN her.....not far from my house over here......

Can only assume that they all got home alive.... :annoyed:

ohh tranny u will be rite then proceed to the top of the class :rolleyes:

Tigerfish lighten up this is Thailand land of the real free.post-87530-0-23868800-1295112267_thumb.j I can not see anything wrong :lol: :lol: :lol: the baby here is in a bucket seat.

Edited by Kwasaki