Laser Teeth Whitening In Chiang Mai

up-country_sinclair

my daughter was here from USA in november last year and had hers done at Elite Smile, Pantip Plaza. They did an excellent job. Unfortunately, for her, she was extremely sensitive to the procedure and was in very intense pain for around 36 hrs... had to take pain pills in fact. Not something they tell you, as it doesn't happen to many.... BUT... it can happen.

Be warned

• 3 months later...

How much did it cost? Thanks!

my daughter was here from USA in november last year and had hers done at Elite Smile, Pantip Plaza. They did an excellent job. Unfortunately, for her, she was extremely sensitive to the procedure and was in very intense pain for around 36 hrs... had to take pain pills in fact. Not something they tell you, as it doesn't happen to many.... BUT... it can happen.

Be warned

How much did it cost? Thanks!

Be warned

around $250 USD, if i remember correctly...

Add a bit of baking soda to your toothpaste when you brush. Its a bit strange at first but the results are quite impressive.

Lasering your teeth will cut down their lifespan dramatically, its really not worth it.

Add a bit of baking soda to your toothpaste when you brush. Its a bit strange at first but the results are quite impressive.

Lasering your teeth will cut down their lifespan dramatically, its really not worth it.

would you provide scientific articles to support that assertion? I spent a good half hour searching google for negative side effects, shortened life span, etc...associated with whitening, bleaching, laser treatment...just about every variation i could think of.... and could only find references to sensitivities, possible lip/gum burns and things like that... even some dubious references to oral cancer increase...but nothing about cutting down tooth lifespan.

i still think about getting it done myself and something like that would definitely affect my decision.

thanks

would you provide scientific articles to support that assertion? I spent a good half hour searching google for negative side effects, shortened life span, etc...associated with whitening, bleaching, laser treatment...just about every variation i could think of.... and could only find references to sensitivities, possible lip/gum burns and things like that... even some dubious references to oral cancer increase...but nothing about cutting down tooth lifespan.

i still think about getting it done myself and something like that would definitely affect my decision.

thanks

Yeh no probs, Ill have to dig it out as its not bookmarked.. As much as I can remember it was due to the fact that the layers taken off the teeth can actually be supporting and protecting them. If too much is taken off the teeth they do not have enough time to recover and later on erode much quicker. It basically contradicts the arguement that tooth enamel is in no way negatively affected.

Regarding teeth and hair, I now take extra precaution as the amount of crap they put in the stuff now is worse than ever. Everytime something new is added, whether its a stabilizer, preservative etc the drug companies make an extra killing on top of what they are already cleaning up.

To be honest, if I were you I'd be more worried about a laser being that close to some huge nerves and brain. Just think logically what it is you're thinking of doing.

• 1 month later...

Yeah it's not very pleasant! My teeth were sensitive for a couple of days after. It irritates your nerves in your teeth and like somebody said before, not very good for tooth enamel.

Give the light whitening a go!

Try a small bottle of hydrogen peroxide 3% from any pharmacy. Gargle with it every night, rinse well and youll have whiter teeth within two weeks. Plus its a hell of alot safer and a hell of alot less painful, and even better h202 3% costs 10baht a bottle!