Thai Tour Operators

I know that there is higher than nominal percentage of farang run tour operator companies operating in Thailand, so i am hoping someone from the industry can enlighten me. I have a website launching in the next few weeks and was wondering if someone can give me some guidance on how I can get my hands on a list of all registered tour operators and agents in the Kingdom.

Does anyone know of a national registration office for this type of business? I know it is a huge industry, and i know that you do have to register and hold a license to sell or run tours whether they be domestic tours within Thailand or group tours to any country/countries outside of Thailand.

I have had a good scrape around the internet, but a lot of these websites are in Thai language, and so information is difficult to come by.

If there is anyone who can shed a little light on this for me, i would be eternally grateful.

Thanks in advance.

You refer to businesses that are "farang run" but i would hardly think there is any point in looking for these registrations as they would most probably be in a Thai nationals name anyway.

I stand corrected, but i would think in most cases where farangs claim to "own" small business here you will find it is actually 100% owned by their Thai wives..and in some of those cases the farang husband could be running the gauntlet of working illegally if he has anything to do with the actual day to day running of the business.

Thats of course, if, err, other arrangements havent been taken care of. :rolleyes:

You refer to businesses that are "farang run" but i would hardly think there is any point in looking for these registrations as they would most probably be in a Thai nationals name anyway.

I stand corrected, but i would think in most cases where farangs claim to "own" small business here you will find it is actually 100% owned by their Thai wives..and in some of those cases the farang husband could be running the gauntlet of working illegally if he has anything to do with the actual day to day running of the business.

Thats of course, if, err, other arrangements havent been taken care of. :rolleyes:

Thank you for your reply, I am well aware of all that. The reason i indicated that a lot have farang involvement somewhere in the business, is purely to justify posting this on a farang webboard. I am not looking for farang owned tour operators, i am looking for a list of every tour operator in the industry regardless of who owns or runs it. I am merely hoping that a farang who is in the industry will read this and hopefully has the information at hand for me.

But thanks anyway :)