Nong Khai Friendship Bridge Operation Hours

jay1970

I am arriving at Udon Thani at 18.10 by flight. I will I have enough time to reach Vientiane or I should stay in Nong Khai or Udon Thani? What time visa office closes at Friendship bridge? I have been reading conflicting reports, some says it closes at 5PM, some says 8PM.

Unless it has just recently changed, the closing time has been 10pm for a number of years. (The last time I crossed was 7 months ago). I think if you peruse the previous threads relating to the FB you will find the same info but give Nong Khai immigration office a call to confirm.

You can take a mini-van from the airport direct to the FB which takes around an hour. Personally, if I had time, I would prefer to stay in NK and do the crossing the next morning to avoid arriving in at Vietiane late. If you have never been it is always a bit easy and nicer arriving at a new destination during the day.

Unless it has just recently changed, the closing time has been 10pm for a number of years. (The last time I crossed was 7 months ago). I think if you peruse the previous threads relating to the FB you will find the same info but give Nong Khai immigration office a call to confirm.

You can take a mini-van from the airport direct to the FB which takes around an hour. Personally, if I had time, I would prefer to stay in NK and do the crossing the next morning to avoid arriving in at Vietiane late. If you have never been it is always a bit easy and nicer arriving at a new destination during the day.

Thanks a lot.