Extension Of Stay Retirement

I have an extension of stay until 2 May 2011. We intend to leave the country for the month of May. I realise that I can apply up to about one month before for my renewal. I also realise that I need a Re-entry Permit, however that expires at my renewal date. Which renewal date? One would think that it would be May 2012, is it?...or should I delay departure until after 2May....thanks.

I would think that once you've gotten your new extension any re-entry permit obtained after that point should be valid until the end of the new extension as the previous extension is now invalidated. But as you well know TiT.

Best to ask immigration when you get your new extension. Yes you can apply up to 30 days early, even earlier may be possible if you ask immigration nicely and explain the situation.

The "permitted to stay until" date needs to be entered on the TM8 application form, so if you have received your new extension, then the "permitted to stay until" date on your new extension should be entered on the form and that will be the date the new re-entry permit will expire.

^^Beat me to it.....IO

Edited by mxyzptlk

You obtain the new extension of stay - then you obtain a re-entry permit (which will have that new date).

Thanks Guys...that did seem the obvious/sensible way...........saves me driving there to ask...we will book our tickets now...