Front Wheel Mc Hitch For Small Mc

scorpio1945

I know it is a long shot but has anyone seen or heard of a device that you can attach to a vehicle then lift the front wheel into it and would allow you to tow the MC behind you. They have them in the US and it sure would be nice to take a small (CBR150R) MC on vacation trips.:huh:

is this what youre looking for??

http://www.motorcycl...k.com/MFWT.html

should cost less than 2,500thb

I doubt less than 2,500 due to needing a way to connect the device to a Thai vehicle without a tow receiver.

Ask Kandahar if he can build you something similar.

He and his Misses are marketing a lot of Motorcycle type accessories, and he is a dam_n good metal worker. Builds about anything and is quality.

Doubt your vehicle has a tow hitch receiver here in Thialand, so would need to construct something to adapt to your vehicle in a similar fashion.

Kandahar is your man in this department. :D

is this what youre looking for??

http://www.motorcycl...k.com/MFWT.html

should cost less than 2,500thb

I doubt less than 2,500 due to needing a way to connect the device to a Thai vehicle without a tow receiver.

Ask Kandahar if he can build you something similar.

He and his Misses are marketing a lot of Motorcycle type accessories, and he is a dam_n good metal worker. Builds about anything and is quality.

Doubt your vehicle has a tow hitch receiver here in Thialand, so would need to construct something to adapt to your vehicle in a similar fashion.

Kandahar is your man in this department. :D

Thanks for the compliment but of course, I can't build anything for sale here in Thailand. I build stuff for the house, the yard and for the wife. The wife's little shop crew does copy some of my stuff and sell it though.

Scorpio1945 is a regular here at the house. He will bug the guys about it if he decides he really needs one from them. However, there are lots of good little Thai welding shops in CR that will do exactly what you ask them to do and almost all of them will do it cheaper than the wife's crew.

Most holidaying bikers in Australia tow their bikes on a small trailer, you see them going to bike meets all the time.

Back in the day I had a small Suzuki trail bike I used for getting into beach and sand dune areas for fishing and just wheeled it up onto a little 6x4 trailer I had. Tied it down and stacked beer and other provisions around it to stop it sliding around.

Most holidaying bikers in Australia tow their bikes on a small trailer, you see them going to bike meets all the time.

Back in the day I had a small Suzuki trail bike I used for getting into beach and sand dune areas for fishing and just wheeled it up onto a little 6x4 trailer I had. Tied it down and stacked beer and other provisions around it to stop it sliding around.

That sounds a better option to me. besides, the tins of beer will protect the bike in the likely event of a collision ;)

Or you could go for one of the across the back extentions that lift the MC up to bumper height and not project the MC too far back. Let us know how this project goes, as I would like to do something like that to haul my unlisenced dirt bike some distances that would be too far to comfortably ride it.

Apart from the tyre wear and some idiot deciding to shunt into my back seat anyway. It has given me a great idea...

The Mother-in-Law has been complaining that the back seat is too cramped!!!

Oh, and yes, highly illegal in Thailand. "Nothing attached to the vehicle should overhang by more than a metre" seems to ring a bell

Apart from the tyre wear and some idiot deciding to shunt into my back seat anyway. It has given me a great idea...

Oh, and yes, highly illegal in Thailand. "Nothing attached to the vehicle should overhang by more than a metre" seems to ring a bell

It would not be an "overhang":jap:

It would not be an "overhang":jap:

Tell that to the BIB B)

Ajahn. why not just get the MIL some roller skates, attach with some string not longer than 1 metre

Man, its quiet on here lately :)

Edited by jubby

It may be a moot idea for me. After a cursory look, it does not look like there is any way to attach a receiver/hitch to my 2010 Fiesta. Oh well.:o

You can have a Class III Hitch Receiver attached to the Frame. But a Fiesta is a little bit small for towing. Nice car and good engineering, but not for towing.

Get a pick up truck and both the MIL and bike can ride in the back B)

Edited by TacoBoy

It may be a moot idea for me. After a cursory look, it does not look like there is any way to attach a receiver/hitch to my 2010 Fiesta. Oh well.:o

You can have a Class III Hitch Receiver attached to the Frame. But a Fiesta is a little bit small for towing. Nice car and good engineering, but not for towing.

Get a pick up truck and both the MIL and bike can ride in the back B)

With the rear wheel of the MC on the ground there would be mnimal load on the car. A CBR150/250 not exactly a heavy weight. That is why I was looking for this type of carrier.Looking at the underbelly I just don't see a way to attach to the car. B) Sorry, I hate PUs other than using them for working.

Edited by scorpio1945

Buy one of those 2 wheel Carts they tow behind a motorbike.

Load the Beer and your MC in the Cart.

Open the rear boot or hatch and have MIL put the wrap around handle of the cart over her lap as a second safety belt.

The cart, bike and beer will be pulled along as you drive :lol: Problem solved :lol:

But be careful of stopping or turning quickly :o

Seriousely; The Fiesta is big enough to tow a small bike the way you are looking at doing it, or with a small light trailer.

There should be a way to configure a tow hitch receiver to attach to the frame somewhere. Even on a Fiesta. Bolt or weld the receiver to the frame.

Search tow hitch receivers for some pics. I couldn't get one to load here for you.

Edited by TacoBoy

• 9 months later...

Just noticed this article. Make sure that the bike can be towed in neutral with the engine turned off. Some bike gearbox designs rely on the engine running to lubricate the gearbox. Check first before you risk severe damage to transmission components.

Edited by Garry