Spring Special From 37,300 Baht - United Kingdom, France And Netherlands

webfact

Spring Special from 37300 Baht - United Kingdom, France and Netherlands

A kick-start offer from Lufthansa for you to enjoy your favourite destinations in United Kingdom, France and the Netherlands with price starting from 37,300 Baht all-taxes inclusive.

Be quick, book your flight now and experience vivid cities in colorful Spring. This offer valid for purchase between 19-25 January only!

On http://www.lufthansa.com

footer_n.gif

The only thing special about this is the high price, unless you want to fly non-stop to Germany.

Yesterday I recieved an E-Mail from Qatar, with offers of Bangkok to London from B31885, Frankfurt B30335 and Paris B30530, all including taxes. Book by 31 January. And there are airlines cheaper than that. The Indian ones seem to be top of the low price charts at the moment.

It pays to shop around.

The only thing special about this is the high price, unless you want to fly non-stop to Germany.

Yesterday I recieved an E-Mail from Qatar, with offers of Bangkok to London from B31885, Frankfurt B30335 and Paris B30530, all including taxes. Book by 31 January. And there are airlines cheaper than that. The Indian ones seem to be top of the low price charts at the moment.

It pays to shop around.

Agree too. Lufthansa in Thailand do this quite frequently and with only a short time period to book. The fares are not only quite high but you have to note the word 'from'. In reality the dates you choose are likely to be a few thousand baht more. Also Lufthansa have this unique 500 Baht booking charge that is also added on.

As you say there are much better deals if you search for them.

Sorry but there is absolutely nothing special about a "promotion" for nearly 1000 Euros to Europe.

The Middle Eastern airlines (Etihad, Qatar, not sure about Emirates) often have normal fares of about 27,000 baht, when there is a promotion they can even go as low as 22,000. And if you don't mind flying dodgy you could try Egyptian airlines or Russian Transaero. All regular fares. I been told Finnair is cheap too and they do connections to the rest of Europe (although only cheap from Thailand - last time I checked it was 700 EUR return from BKK and 800 EUR for the same ONE-WAY flight from Europe).

37,300 ฿... what a joke!

The Middle Eastern airlines (Etihad, Qatar, not sure about Emirates) often have normal fares of about 27,000 baht, when there is a promotion they can even go as low as 22,000.

37,300 ฿... what a joke!

27k or even 22k, you mean PLUS taxes around 11K???

Have been checking for april/may trip Middle Eastern airlines Bkk to Europe around 850 euros!!!

Aeroflot 570 all in, that's a good deal.

Business class is horrendous, can't find anything under 2300 euros, paid 1500 in 2009, 2000 in 2010 on Etihad....Except the not really business classes of Egypt Air, Aeroflot and similar

Edited by tartempion

The Middle Eastern airlines (Etihad, Qatar, not sure about Emirates) often have normal fares of about 27,000 baht, when there is a promotion they can even go as low as 22,000.

37,300 ฿... what a joke!

27k or even 22k, you mean PLUS taxes around 11K???

Have been checking for april/may trip Middle Eastern airlines Bkk to Europe around 850 euros!!!

Aeroflot 570 all in, that's a good deal.

Business class is horrendous, can't find anything under 2300 euros, paid 1500 in 2009, 2000 in 2010 on Etihad....Except the not really business classes of Egypt Air, Aeroflot and similar

I recently booked EgyptAir (economy & via their own web-site) for B27,080 for late-April/mid-May, so would agree with MaikB84, that B37,300 is still very expensive. And that's B27,080 including all taxes/charges. B)

The Gulf-based airlines do seem to be trying to raise their rates, from the reasonable prices of the last few years, pity as I'd been quite happy with them for the past few years :(

Edited by Ricardo

It pays to shop around.

thumbsup.gif Agreed.

Yes I was talking incl. tax, this was last year, I am not sure how different it is now. But I been coming and going many times and even on the shortest notice I never paid more than just under 800 Euros ... so advertising the same route for 900+ is a bit silly.

It's usually between 26,000 and 30,000฿.... hey when Airasia started flying to Europe and even picked up nearly free flights so ended up paying something like 12,000 return. But if you're using Airasia you have to make your way to Kuala Lumpur first and in Europe they only fly to Paris and London (London-Standsted connects nicely to the rest of Europe via Ryanair for an average of 35 EUR per ticket all charges incl.).

It pays to shop around.

correct !, i just booked a return ( london HEathrow - BKK ) for 25K THB with Kingfisher Air

correct !, i just booked a return ( london HEathrow - BKK ) for 25K THB with Kingfisher Air

Excellent, but the thread is about BKK-London-BKK, not the (invariably cheaper) reverse.

It works both ways.

I have just run price comparison for the entire month of February, BKK-LHR and return for 14 days, and Air India is the cheapest for 26 of the 28 days, from B27955 all inclusive, with this fare available on 12 of those 26 days, good connecting time margins and modern B777 and A321 aircraft. I've never flown with them so can't comment on their quality.

Edited by Nuff Said