English To Thai Translate

Spellbound

I bought last tuesday in Pantip ThaiPOS and APITHAN from KK Technologies (950 bahts).To be used on a Palm (description of content on www.kktechnologies.com)

The CD has scratches and cannot be red by my laptop .

I downloaded the soft again from their site.Not sure to have everything needed .

Did not work,refuse my registration n° :D .So I sent 2 emails and contacted their support service by phone.Last answer "solly my engliss no good" :o

On my demand they sent me their adress and a map to find them by fax.I will try to resolve the mess end of this month when I go to BKK B)

Will let you know then what I think from their products TIT

Seems to create understandable but kind of strange Thai :D

My girlfriend looked at me like I was kind of a weirdo when I asked her she could understand what the program was creating!!

From my understanding of the Thai language, the best they'll ever get is some kind of approximation, and the other way around (English->Thai) will be close to impossible.... :o

A website that seems to translate words from Thai to English is www.thai-language.com

Sometimes it will do a couple of words at a time but you can input form a Thai keyboard, or cut and paste Thai words. The only problem for me is understanding where individual Thai words start and finish.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I went to KK technologies in BKK.They fixed the problem on the Palm.Now I have translation Thai to English and vice versa.Plus thai fonts plus SMS in thai plus thai dictionnary and some other features.Translation works fine.

Little problem :explaining to thai people how to type in thai :o and without mistakes in their langage :D

Happily the software propose words near what is typed B)