Looking To Buy A Data Card For Internet

gurnani

Hello,

I want to buy a data card/ air card to have internet while travelling. I travel a lot and need internet asap.

Pls tell me which company data card to buy and which company sells the data plans. Browsing speed doesn't matter but I am looking for the cheapest service

Guide me pls. Its urgent

Thank you

Both AIS and Dtac have inexpensive internet plans. I think they are competitive.

You'll probably have to buy a dongle from a computer shop.

You can probably use your existing data card if you have one. Then it's just a matter of purchasing a SIM card....

Nah, don't have any data cards with me. I think I can try pantip for some ABC company data cards and buy a DTAC or TRUE sim.

One more thing, does both the sim have great coverage in saraburi or shud I distinguish b/w them based on coverage??

Do you have a mobile phone? If so, what is the make/model? I ask because many mobile phones have built in GPRS/EDGE modems, which one can utilize as a dial-up modem when connected to the PC.

If you do need an aircard then the D-Link DWM-156 is widely available, ~ 1,900 THB. You could get a data SIM from One-2-Call, DTAC or True, or a 3G SIM from TOT or one of their resellers (iKool, Imobile, Mojo); TOT's 3G coverage is limited to Bangkok.

I wouldn't worry about coverage, except maybe with True. GPRS/EDGE shares bandwidth with voice, and voice has priority. GPRS/EDGE uses available, left-over bandwidth on a dynamic basis. If everyone decides to make a phone call at 6 PM your GPRS connection will slow/drop/stop.

Also it would help if you could provide more details: usage (hours per month, or MB), duration of stay, location, budget...as these can lead to a more definitive recommendation.

Edited by lomatopo

Nah, don't have any data cards with me. I think I can try pantip for some ABC company data cards and buy a DTAC or TRUE sim.

One more thing, does both the sim have great coverage in saraburi or shud I distinguish b/w them based on coverage??

You can by an EDGE speed SIM card for about 49THB from either AIS, DTAC or TrueMove, buy one of each and test them out in Saraburi as there will be dead areas, outside the city, then when you know which service you like best top it up or change the plan on the SIM account to a bulk number of hours usage per month for value for money. For me DTAC usually is most reliable but ymmv.