1 Bedroom Apartment Thonglor

I'm currently in Bangkok and am looking for a one-bedroom apartment in the Thonglor Sukhumvit area for about 6-10,000 bht a month. I am ready to move in somewhere tomorrow but I can't seem to find any 1 bedroom apartments with a kitchen...this is important for me because I have a restricted diet so I want to be able to cook my own meals.

I expect to be in BKK for 1 year but am hoping to rent on a monthly / 3-month basis. If anyone has any suggestions of places I would be very grateful!

Cheers.

I had a friend who got an apartment near that BTS station. About 10k Baht. That was 2 years ago though. And it was not very nice. But, he lived there for a year. Just watch your electricity! He let the aircon run too much and paid 10k Baht just for elec!!!! How about On Nut? I had a friend get a place there about 1 KM from the station and it was only 6k baht per month...6 baht to catch a ride on a scooter to/from the BTS station.

Have you ever considered Ekkamai? It's a little further than Thonglor. I happen to know one but wasn't sure how nice it is because the website is not so informative, thinking about going there to take a look though.

Check it out at www.grandhitechtower.com

:o

One thread has the Skipper (not to be confused with Thurston Howell III) looking for a 1BR in Thong Lor for a reasonable and realistic under 40K; then we have another with a dude seeking same for 6-10K, LOL. What's wrong with this picture? I always thought that Thong Lor was a high rent district. Interesting though to hear that they have some apts in the 10K range but then they rob you for electric. you never get something for nothing. You always get what you pay for

One thread has the Skipper (not to be confused with Thurston Howell III) looking for a 1BR in Thong Lor for a reasonable and realistic under 40K; then we have another with a dude seeking same for 6-10K, LOL. What's wrong with this picture? I always thought that Thong Lor was a high rent district. Interesting though to hear that they have some apts in the 10K range but then they rob you for electric. you never get something for nothing. You always get what you pay for

i dunno i'm just going by what my friends here have told me...and many of them are living in Thong Lor for 6-10,000 bht/p/m..

i'm gonna go and have another look for myself tomorrow so i will let you know what i find!