Lies, Lies And More Lies

Recently a rumour and /or lie making a false public allegation was posted as a topic.

I am curious as to why an individual would do such a thing. In brief, the business i work for (no need to name the business as it is not relevent to my topic) was wrongly accused of a fight that either never occured or occured somewhere else. As the topic was viewed more false allegations on other non related issues were posted.

Combined these postings were viewed over 1,200 times. The post was stopped by the moderator after he/she read my reply.

Assuming that every viewer told one friend, who told one friend, who told one friend and so on....you can see where i am heading!

We are a 180 room hotel with 2 large restaurants and over 200 staff.

If the impact of these lies and rumours was felt by our business then income would decrease. Logically, profit will decrease, subsequently staff requirements would decrease.

All of this would result in lost jobs. The jobs of good, hard working Thai staff, many with young families would be lost. Their lives would be adversely effected due to either the ignorance or indulgence of the authors of these lies.

Why would someone do this without first checking the facts? We are only a phone call or email away. And clearly these people have access to a computer.

Can anyone please explain to me why an individual would do this? Is it ignorance, boredom, jealousy or something else?

Edited by ysamui