Living In Bangkok For One Month, Which Area?

zink

Which area would be good for one month stay? My requirements area:

- good transportation and BTS or MRT nearby

- nice surroundings with local restaurants

- not many tourists nearby

- price max. 15000B for a studio in a serviced apartment, including TV/fridge, Internet and cleaning

I am thinking about Victory monument/Ari area, or the area near Lat Phrao/Phahonyothin MRT stations, any experiences about those?

Any other suggestions? Or serviced apartment recommendations?

Thanks!

Edited by zink

Ari/Victort monument/Huai Kwang areas are all good and within your budget. Huai Kwang is a lively place with a lot of thai restaurants and has it's own MET Station.

I lived in ladprao area for 4 years. Central ladprao is great for shopping. Loads of thai restaurants nearby and close to JJ market.

I think you'll be lucky to find a serviced apartment for that price in the better areas and near the mass transit sites...especially for only one month.

You might try an ad here on the classified site? Plus peruse it for some potentials...

Thanks for the help.

Yes, I have looked at some ads here and on other sites and I think my budget is more than enough, since I'm not looking at central tourist areas.

I would like hear more of experiences of living in various areas :)

If it can help, I checked near the MRT "Sutthisan" station and did not like it at all.

Victory Monument is just fine. It's near Siam so it's convenient. Plenty of farangs but I just can't see why it would matter.

Another area to consider is On-Nut, but IMO there's no particular reason to live there if it's only for 1 month, same for Lat Prao. Victory Monument is the best choice IMO.

Ari/Victory monument/Huai Kwang areas are all good and within your budget. Huai Kwang is a lively place with a lot of thai restaurants and has it's own MRT Station.

I lived in ladprao area for 4 years. Central ladprao is great for shopping. Loads of thai restaurants nearby and close to JJ market.