Not Sure What To Do

connda

I have a 2010 calendar that it's time to get rid of. Normally I'd just toss the calendar in the trash. However, this particular wall calendar has a picture of the King and Queen on it.

It sort of seems disrespectful to toss pictures of the Royal family into the garbage bin. :shock1:

So I've got a bit of a dilemma -- I don't want to inadvertently do anything that could be considered to be disrespectful, but I don't want a bunch of old calendars stacking up in my small apartment.

Suggestions? :unsure:

Thanks!

'geriatrickid' timestamp='1295583668' post='4165199']

If a tree falls in the forest and you do not hear it or see it fall, how do you know if it fell? Extrapolate ......

Very profound statement but also very correct in certain circumstance .

If a tree falls in the forest and you do not hear it or see it fall, how do you know if it fell? Extrapolate ......

By tripping over it later?

or...

If a tree falls in the forest, will it make noise if there is no one there to hear it?

When I get rid of old newspapers - either sell them or give them away - stuff like calendars is included. No problem. Just don't make a show of it. I think you need to use your noggin a bit. If nobody threw any of this stuff out everyone would need a separate room in their house to store it. :whistling:

A few years back the village headman handed out a Thai flag and small flagpole to every house in our soi. Ours got rolled up in the garden shed.

Last year I was clearing the shed out and had the dilemma of dumping it. Thoughts of some Thai version of a cracker cop busting my arse for showing disrespect to the Thai flag ran through my head. In the end I just put it with the rest of the rubbish that wouldn't fit in the bin.

When the dustcart rolled in the soi I happened to be in the garden. No shouts of moral outrage at the foreigner's lack of respect. Homeboy in the black balaclava just nonchalantly picked it up and hurled it in the back of the truck with the rest of the garbage.

I do think there are any rules regarding a picture which is part of something else (calendar, magazine, news paper, etc).

If you frame the picture, then it is an entire new ball game.

Most countries actually have rules regarding how one should dispose of national symbols (royal pictures, national flags, etc).