Thai Stock Exchange

Can anyone please advise the best online broker for trading on the SET? Does one only require a Thai bank account to trade? Also I have read that capital gains derived from this index are in fact NOT liable for 'capital gains tax"? Does one have to declare any dividends paid in thailand as income in Thailand? Anyone that is an active trader please give me any assistance possible. Thanks to all in advance :rolleyes:

I'm not here to make friends I prefer to pay for that privilege.........

Not sure what to make of your personal description of yourself as displayed above!

Any way, this topic has been asked numerous time.

If you have sometimes on hand, you surely can do a quick search within Thaivisa easily enough for sure.

May I assure you, it is fairly simple stuff and easily done too.

Just call up any brokerage house and ask to talk to someone who can converse in English to assist you. If the person is not able to persuade you to park your money with them, then pls do not do biz with that brokerage. Move on to the next brokerage, until you can find one that suits your taste and style.

The hardest part is not locating a brokerage to represent you. The toughest job for us investors is to keep our investment in SET multiplying annually, which come to think of it, is really a child play in recent months and years.... :jap:

So if you or anyone else wanna play, jump right in.... just be absolutely certain that you are play only with disposable revenue, ok?

Know what Thai people call those spending hours and endless hours in front of their screens buying and selling their life away....?

They call it respectfully.... 'len-hoon' (เล่น หุ้น).... play share....

And if you have any children.... when they play games on computer.... your children are.... 'len-game'.... play game....

fancy that verbiage.... :D

So many Thai regard 'len hoon' is just like 'len-game'.... easy enough and the result is quick enough,

particularly nowadays, many are swarm to currency trading or forex....

More than 90% of Thai in forex whom I talked to.... practically lost their shirts.... the only person in this equation who is smiling is the enjoying broker.... very sad indeed....

And many brokers will try to convince you that this is a zero sum game.... LOL :D

Plse do not get me wrong, there are plenty of ways to capitalize and multiply your money in trading, and several of us are one of the living proofs of that.... but the process to passage to eluding and ever changing utopia is never easy.... it takes plenty of screen time, training, understanding and most of all the utmost patience of one of the saints.... to be a consistently successful trader.... imho....

Well, bless Mr. Korn.... :jap:

and best of luck to you as well....

I'm not here to make friends I prefer to pay for that privilege.........

Not sure what to make of your personal description of yourself as displayed above!

Any way, this topic has been asked numerous time.

If you have sometimes on hand, you surely can do a quick search within Thaivisa easily enough for sure.

May I assure you, it is fairly simple stuff and easily done too.

Just call up any brokerage house and ask to talk to someone who can converse in English to assist you. If the person is not able to persuade you to park your money with them, then pls do not do biz with that brokerage. Move on to the next brokerage, until you can find one that suits your taste and style.

The hardest part is not locating a brokerage to represent you. The toughest job for us investors is to keep our investment in SET multiplying annually, which come to think of it, is really a child play in recent months and years.... :jap:

So if you or anyone else wanna play, jump right in.... just be absolutely certain that you are play only with disposable revenue, ok?

Know what Thai people call those spending hours and endless hours in front of their screens buying and selling their life away....?

They call it respectfully.... 'len-hoon' (เล่น หุ้น).... play share....

And if you have any children.... when they play games on computer.... your children are.... 'len-game'.... play game....

fancy that verbiage.... :D

So many Thai regard 'len hoon' is just like 'len-game'.... easy enough and the result is quick enough,

particularly nowadays, many are swarm to currency trading or forex....

More than 90% of Thai in forex whom I talked to.... practically lost their shirts.... the only person in this equation who is smiling is the enjoying broker.... very sad indeed....

And many brokers will try to convince you that this is a zero sum game.... LOL :D

Plse do not get me wrong, there are plenty of ways to capitalize and multiply your money in trading, and several of us are one of the living proofs of that.... but the process to passage to eluding and ever changing utopia is never easy.... it takes plenty of screen time, training, understanding and most of all the utmost patience of one of the saints.... to be a consistently successful trader.... imho....

Well, bless Mr. Korn.... :jap:

and best of luck to you as well....

Well bless you also Mr Korn,

Thank you for the time you took to reply to me