Bears Vs Packers

doodledog

Chiang Mai, Thailand.

Hello,

Im swamped in Packer backers and would love to have the support of some fellow Bears fan for the upcoming game. We are watching the replays next Monday at 7pm on ASN at a bar in Mae Rim (we live out that way) and its a great place w/ a big TV etc that we can basically take over : )

The Packers idiots....I mean fans...think they have me out numbered so any Bears fans that are interested in helping me shout them down, you would be greatly appreciated and your first drinks on me!

Post for details,

Bear Down Chicago Bears!

FYI, Dragonfly Bar will be showing this game live in HD!

More info here:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=186976724660054

I'll probably be in to cheer on the Bears and the Jets, provided I survive the Reggae Festival.

-Mestizo

Do you know of anyplace showing the Jet game live?

Yes. Refer to the facebook link previously provided.

-Mestizo

Where are these places?

Here: http://bit.ly/hjhpUf

( Green Bay is in Wisconsin, Chicago is in Illinois, both in the Midwestern United States. )

To be even more precise, the United States is located to the south of Canada, which of course until recently was part of our Empire. (Happily, Queen Elizabeth II is still head of state). One could quite easily drive to Canada from either of the towns on the map provided, were it not for the snows at this time of year.

The game being played is called "football" - even though the ball is not round and it is not truly football (like inches and miles, Americans believe in odd things). Apparently shaped to emulate politics there, the ball bounces illogically and unpredictably first in one direction and then another. Lack of rationality may well explain its popularity in that place

These places can also be located to the north of Mexico.

Edited by CMX

To be clear, we are watching REPLAYS of the games starting at 7pm I believe (you can check schedule including live times at asn.tv) Both the Bears/Packers and Jets/Steelers will be shown.  The bonus of watching replays, btw, is that there are almost no commercials and so its all action.  The location is a farang run bar in Mae Rim (about 15km north of CM) just off the 107; easy to get to.  C'mon Bears fans!  I know you are out there!

FYI, Dragonfly Bar will be showing this game live in HD!

More info here:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=186976724660054

I'll probably be in to cheer on the Bears and the Jets, provided I survive the Reggae Festival.

-Mestizo

Do you know of anyplace showing the Jet game live?

Yes. Refer to the facebook link previously provided.

-Mestizo

Thanks, Mestizo.

I thought the link was only for the Bears vs Packers.

Hope to see you there in the morning for the Jets Vs Pittsburg.

To be clear, we are watching REPLAYS of the games starting at 7pm I believe (you can check schedule including live times at asn.tv) Both the Bears/Packers and Jets/Steelers will be shown.  The bonus of watching replays, btw, is that there are almost no commercials and so its all action.  The location is a farang run bar in Mae Rim (about 15km north of CM) just off the 107; easy to get to.  C'mon Bears fans!  I know you are out there!

thanks, you have an address, name or more detailed directions, etc. so I could find it

Where are these places?

( Green Bay is in Wisconsin, Chicago is in Illinois, both in the Midwestern United States. )

To be even more precise, the United States is located to the south of Canada, which of course until recently was part of our Empire. (Happily, Queen Elizabeth II is still head of state). One could quite easily drive to Canada from either of the towns on the map provided, were it not for the snows at this time of year.

The game being played is called "football" - even though the ball is not round and it is not truly football (like inches and miles, Americans believe in odd things). Apparently shaped to emulate politics there, the ball bounces illogically and unpredictably first in one direction and then another. Lack of rationality may well explain its popularity in that place

Don't forget that it's actually illegal, in the game, to kick the ball unless you are the kicker/punter!!!!! So why call it football???:blink:

Where are these places?

Don't forget that it's actually illegal, in the game, to kick the ball unless you are the kicker/punter!!!!! So why call it football???:blink:

You have asked the unanswerable question.

It should be a really good game

I dont think you will see anyone roll around the grass crying after a tackle

I agree, the overpaid prima donna's in football are making themselves out to be wimps - the slightest tackle and they roll around in agony. However, the only protection they wear are thin shin guards and maybe if they wore Norton crash helmets and wrapped themselves up with a Sealy mattress they might stop doing this.

So, why is it called football?

Edited by uptheos

there is a play in american football call the quick kick in which any "back" can kick the ball, from behind the line of scrimmage, to surprise the defense and move the ball down the field. It is a "punt", and unless the kicking team "recovers" the ball, the other team most likely receives it, but down the field. the defense expects one play and gets another. it's kind of like the king promising something to the colonists and then reneging, for all you brits.

there is a play in american football call the quick kick in which any "back" can kick the ball, from behind the line of scrimmage, to surprise the defense and move the ball down the field. It is a "punt", and unless the kicking team "recovers" the ball, the other team most likely receives it, but down the field. the defense expects one play and gets another. it's kind of like the king promising something to the colonists and then reneging, for all you brits.

That is amazing! ohmy.gif

So, is that why it's called football? huh.gif

Edited by uptheos

Umm. BS. This is simply not true. ANYONE can punt the ball from behind the line of scrimmage. This occasionally does happen. On a long 3rd down, the *QUARTERBACK*, not the kicker, may decide to punt the ball away when the defense is not expecting it. This usually allows the punting team to gain a major advantage in field position.

I think the people who are always bashing American football, simply just don't understand it. The best analogy I can give, is that soccer is to football, as checkers is to chess. Soccer is fast paced play with a small amount of strategy. Football is slower paced with a huge amount of strategy and tactics. Like chess, its very much a thinking man's game.

-Mestizo

Umm. BS. This is simply not true. ANYONE can punt the ball from behind the line of scrimmage. This occasionally does happen. On a long 3rd down, the *QUARTERBACK*, not the kicker, may decide to punt the ball away when the defense is not expecting it. This usually allows the punting team to gain a major advantage in field position.

I think the people who are always bashing American football, simply just don't understand it. The best analogy I can give, is that soccer is to football, as checkers is to chess. Soccer is fast paced play with a small amount of strategy. Football is slower paced with a huge amount of strategy and tactics. Like chess, its very much a thinking man's game.

-Mestizo

I certainly don't bash American football (I joke about it to annoy American's) any more than ice hockey or baseball. I lived in Canada for 9 years and as a sports lover learned the rules of the game quickly, enjoyed live games and those on TV.

So, apart from the fact anyone can punt the ball from behind the line of scrimmage, which lasts about 2 seconds........why is it called football?

Is no American football expert willing to give the answer?

Edited by uptheos

-Mestizo

I certainly don't bash American football any more than ice hockey or baseball. I lived in Canada for 9 years and as a sports lover learned the rules of the game quickly, enjoyed live games and those on TV.

So, apart from the fact anyone can punt the ball from behind the line of scrimmage, which lasts about 2 seconds........why is it called football?

There ya go:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_is_American_football_called

Personally I don't watch professional football or hockey anymore. It's too violent for my tastes and I much prefer college level play. Same goes for basketball where the pro rules have become so skewed that travelling and double dribbling are commonplace. Still love that baseball though :whistling: .

-Mestizo

I certainly don't bash American football (I joke about it to annoy American's) any more than ice hockey or baseball. I lived in Canada for 9 years and as a sports lover learned the rules of the game quickly, enjoyed live games and those on TV.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_(word)#Etymology

-Mestizo

-Mestizo

I certainly don't bash American football any more than ice hockey or baseball. I lived in Canada for 9 years and as a sports lover learned the rules of the game quickly, enjoyed live games and those on TV.

There ya go:

http://wiki.answers....football_called

Personally I don't watch professional football or hockey anymore. It's too violent for my tastes and I much prefer college level play. Same goes for basketball where the pro rules have become so skewed that travelling and double dribbling are commonplace. Still love that baseball though :whistling: .

Beat me to it. http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Where_did_American_football_get_its_name:D

Should be a good Superbowl between two, old time teams who don't surrendor. It will be a slugfest. I was hopine the Jets would beat the Steelers for no other reason than I like Mark Sanchez. It didn't surprise me that the Packers beat Chicago and their wimpy QB. Bret Favre would have played on one leg and a broken arm.