1Yr Extension Of Stay For Supporting Thai Child

Today I went to Sriracha Immigration office and tried to extend my Non O Visa for another yr for the first time,I am living alone with my 9yr old daughter[thaicitizen]I am 48 yrs old,after about 3 hours talking with the Immigration officer all was done,and I got30days extension and my application is under consideration of Immigration bureau.My documents and financial requirements were fullfilled,Officer asked me how old I am and I told her I am 48yrs old,she did not say anything about I am to young.I was reading here in Thaivisa it is not possible for a foreigner under 50yrs of age to extent the visa for supporting a thai child[rule7.17],if so why the immigration accepted my application in the first place?If Bkk immigration will not approve my application what other options are available for me,I don't think its in the interest of my daughter I take her to Kuala Lumpur to obtain a new 1 yr visa or I take her on my visa trips to Cambodia or Laos,because it means she can't go to school if travel with me.

Thanks for any suggestion or help

You are looking at the wrong information as current extensions of stay are 2.xx not 7.xx. The current order is 777/2551 and dropped the clause that over age 50 you could be sponsored by Thai child. There is no age involved for support of Thai child extension of stay.

You are looking at the wrong information as current extensions of stay are 2.xx not 7.xx. The current order is 777/2551 and dropped the clause that over age 50 you could be sponsored by Thai child. There is no age involved for support of Thai child extension of stay.

Hi Lopburi,thanks for reply,good to hear that,but still wonder a bit,I did not find not any positive post in the forum,anyway thanks alot for reply

There have been many positive posts here. The only issues are that child is registered at birth as having you as father and if young may require court order, and living with you. You should not have a problem as application has been accepted - they do not do that if serious questions remain.

If this was not available you could use education (Thai language is often used and useful) to be able to extend 90 days at a time. You can also extend 60 days to visit on any entry. In two years retirement option would be available if you can meet the financials.