Health Food Or Import Food Stores In Chumphon?

4evermaat

I was looking for a health food store or import food store in Chumphon town. There doesn't seem to be any. I checked the Carrefour/Makro/Tesco Lotus import sections, but they are very limited. Not the same as Patong and Phuket Town.

I'm looking specifically for maple syrup. It doesn't have to be from Canada or the USA necessarily, just 100% maple syrup.

I'm trying to figure out my options. Maybe get a villa market store to look for me and ship items. Any leads or ideas??

If you cannot find what you want in Makro or wherever you are pretty much screwed. Chumphon is just not that diverse a place I m afraid if you want your creature comforts.

I see for myself. I figured there wasn't enough foreign foot traffic to warrant a foreign specialty store. I am having someone at villa market prepare the items for me. They confirmed that they have various types of Maple Syrup. But I want to get the order right, so I have to order via email. The alternative is to order from the individual stores, but they do not have email. The one in phuket wanted me to fax in an order. Where is the fax machines? Speaking via phone, I'll have to train my girlfriend to ask for all the types. It wouldn't be so bad if they cataloged all of their items and offered them online. But it seems Thai stores are very behind the times in that aspect.

It would be nice if there was a service that could do this for me (go into a store, look for what I want, report back what they find) and then i could have the item shipped. Just deposit the money into their bank account or by post. I guess selling tours only is simplier.

Maple syrup of all types readily available here on Samui. You can jump on a ferry here from Chumphon and stock up or next time I'm in tops / Villa / Tesco will let you know how much etc and can put it on the ferry for you ? :D Just PM me :D

Maple syrup of all types readily available here on Samui. You can jump on a ferry here from Chumphon and stock up or next time I'm in tops / Villa / Tesco will let you know how much etc and can put it on the ferry for you ? :D Just PM me :D

Where in Samui are the maple syrup located? How much is the ferry from Chumphon to Samui? Which beach(es) would I catch the ferry in Chumphon? What would I need to do once I get off the ferry in Samui?

Please do check the prices at tops and villa if you happen to stop past one. I would be very surprised if tesco carried it. I guess the tesco/carrefour in the tourist area have a larger import section.

.....Thai food is not so bad you know! Especially here.

I need specific items that do not originate in Thailand unfortunately.

• 5 weeks later...

There is an online health food store servicing all of Thailand. They have a good selection of items that are hard to find here and that I have not seen elsewhere.

No maple syrup but some other great ingredients like a sugar - free vanilla extract for example. Even the 100% natural Schillings junk has corn syrup. :bah:

http://www.goodkarmathailand.com

Villa indeed does have like 3 maple syrups from Canada. Will check prices next time I am there.

• 2 weeks later...

There is an online health food store servicing all of Thailand. They have a good selection of items that are hard to find here and that I have not seen elsewhere.

No maple syrup but some other great ingredients like a sugar - free vanilla extract for example. Even the 100% natural Schillings junk has corn syrup. :bah:

http://www.goodkarmathailand.com

Villa indeed does have like 3 maple syrups from Canada. Will check prices next time I am there.

I ended up making 2 trips to bangkok. Villa Market is definetly a stopping point you want to make and pick up all the stuff you cannot get locally. Villa ships as well.

Maple syrup, there is a wholesaler called bangkokdynamics.com that will also ship maple syrup to your door. But you'll need a thai speaker to assist you in ordering.