Service And Warranty

momosan

Sitting and typing this at Toyota dealership while the car is getting 20k service. This is gonna cost me 5300. Because they tacked on for a need to clean/refill the air-con system (1600). Their customer service seems to also be quite lacking, quite rude and indifferent counter service. I really don't want to come back for the 30k now. So I was wondering any problems with taking my business to B-Quik or other such places in terms of the 100k/3y warranty? I've heard nothing but praises for B-Quik from the members here. From the more knowledgeable mechs to their customer service in general. Any other places to recommend? I'm now going to have the pleasure of sitting here now for 2 hours totally hating this place and wishing it would catch on fire.

I have had most Toyota models available in LOS, so i wonder how a 20k km service can cost 5300 baht?

Including AC clean, I have payed max 3200 baht for any model.

I would assume not servicing your Toyota at Toyota would void warranty. B Quick is not udated on quiet recalls carried out on Toyotas for free, and they will gradually replace your Toyota with copy parts

BTW, if you dont want AC cleaned to make it more effcient and provide you with clean air, cansell it and save 1600 baht and 90 minutes :)

I have had most Toyota models available in LOS, so i wonder how a 20k km service can cost 5300 baht?

Including AC clean, I have payed max 3200 baht for any model.

I would assume not servicing your Toyota at Toyota would void warranty. B Quick is not udated on quiet recalls carried out on Toyotas for free, and they will gradually replace your Toyota with copy parts

BTW, if you dont want AC cleaned to make it more effcient and provide you with clean air, cansell it and save 1600 baht and 90 minutes :)

Scanned the receipt for ya to browse through. I called a week ahead before I brought the car in today and told them the right side air con had a funny sound coming out from it. So that's why I assumed they wanted to clean the whole system. Because a work-mate just recently did the20k with his own VIOS at the same place as well and it wasn't more than 4k. After they finished all the work and I paid the bill (5006thb) and 2 1/2 hours later I started to drive out and noticed the sound was still there. Turn around and took it back. Mech came out and took it back into the shop, 1/2 hour later explained and the 'blower' had a problem and had to be replaced. Ordered part today and I'll have to take the car back (all free though). Real nightmare of a day :(

post-60051-0-26908100-1295703929_thumb.j

The aircon thing is a scam on low mileage rides to make some money. I am at near 50k and air same as when new, which wasn't great.

Same as any business, try take some cash from you.

But, use Toyota till out of warranty :), even another branch.

Agree, scammed on the aircon regassing. No way a car needs regassing at just 20K unless something is faulty, in which case it should be covered under warranty.

This service should have cost you 2137 Baht by my reckoning.

Even that's expensive - the last VIOS I owned was serviced until 40K (when sold) and never more than 1600 Baht. It appears you opted for the more expensive synthetic oil though, which is ~500 Baht more expensive than the OEM standard mineral oil.

Agree, scammed on the aircon regassing. No way a car needs regassing at just 20K unless something is faulty, in which case it should be covered under warranty.

Even that's expensive - the last VIOS I owned was serviced until 40K (when sold) and never more than 1600 Baht. It appears you opted for the more expensive synthetic oil though, which is ~500 Baht more expensive than the OEM standard mineral oil.

I never chose which oil to put in. I was given the list of things for the service before it began and the guy never explained to me what was actually on it or even told me that changes could be made with other options; again the bad service I was talking about. It was given to me with the very noticeably compulsory wai and I was told to sign then go sit down.

2006 Yaris, I never payd more than 1200 baht up to 40k km, but I never serviced aircon as car was just used for short trips.

Long trip cars I want aircon serviced/cleaned every year to kill bugs/funghi. Refill gas is a scam as only needed if have a leak, which is covered by warranty for 3 years

Noise in aircon vents is usually a particle in duct

2006 Yaris, I never payd more than 1200 baht up to 40k km, but I never serviced aircon as car was just used for short trips.

Long trip cars I want aircon serviced/cleaned every year to kill bugs/funghi. Refill gas is a scam as only needed if have a leak, which is covered by warranty for 3 years

Noise in aircon vents is usually a particle in duct

I guess he has already been done and dusted :rolleyes: it's a shame he didn't come on TV before going in.

The last 3 year warranty check won't be in Sukhothai for me, I will take it to Toyota Phitsanulok who are suppose to be better and if there isn't anything wrong that comes under warranty I won't bother.

I may of told this true story before, I had found Sukhothai Toyota dealer totally incompetent and expensive to say the least with my truck, so went along to a Cockpit outfit opposite Toyota's and I said " whow you very busy shall I come back tomorrow ", the head guy there said " Yes come at 08:00 and I will service you truck straight away.

Next day, truck straight in and people we noticed with Toyota's were coming in one after the other, my Mrs asked the guy later why so many, he just looked across to Toyota's laughing saying many people will not go back to them anymore it has been good for us. We have turned out to be one of em.:)