Translations

bapak

I have always been under the impression that a document that has been translated to be legal required that the translation be attached to a copy or original of the document that has been translated.

Recently a local translator told me that this is incorrect. Apart from the legal aspects. I would think that if one had a document in Thai and an alleged translation say in English, who is to say that the 2 documents are related.

If you agree that my first paragraph is correct, is there any authority that can be cited?

When an individual desires to obtain a certification of their translated documents, a government sector that would provide eligible to certify the translated document is the Consular (Ministry of Foreign Affairs) http://www.consular.go.th/

The procedure when certifying a translated documents, you are required to provide an original document and its translation. In the case if such original documents could not be provided, a copy that has been certify by its directive authority (i.e. Embassy) could be used as a substitute.

The government fee due to the consular is 400 Baht per set (1 set consist of 1 page [one sided] of the original and 1 page of the translation). The process would take approximately 3 working days. Our professional fee for translation in most cases is 500 Baht per page.

www.sunbeltlegaladvisors.com