Best Ping In Town (Cnx)

oilreg

Hi Alltogether,

i am currently considering a longer stay in chiang mai area, and watched already a few houses near hang dong area,

i havent fully decided yet on one, but what really bothers me is the high ping i have to servers in europe.

i dont need much downloadspeed but i am really a bit into online gaming over Steam with games like BFBC2

Since i still staying in some hotel in the hills on the road to samoeng, i did a few from here and also from a friends house in downtown chiang mai. but the ping seems to be a real paing on 3BB internet. After i checked their website i seen pingtest.net they offer a premier contract as well. So here the question. Does the 3BB premier contract offers a way better ping?

My needs would be a ping below 100 ms to servers in europe.

So please fire away with your pingtest.net results on various internet service providers

i checked already the other entries ISP related in that forum but the ping which is crucial to me was barely ever mentioned

thx

oil

You are asking for the impossible you are just too far away to get what you want.

crap, really impossible, why is this?

Internet in Thailand sucks.:o Now would you like to talk about the bad points.:lol: :Im on AIS 3G 20 Cliks east of Chiang Mai.

1122641419.png

Edited by gotlost

You are asking for the impossible you are just too far away to get what you want.

crap, really impossible, why is this?

There is the reality of distance plus as getlost said internet in Thailand is not as good as it could be.

It's impossible to play FPS games on servers in Europe and North America with a good ping from Asia, nothing to do with the quality of internet even with the best in the world you would still have a horrible ping. It's just too far.

Most games have servers in Thailand, Malaysia, or Singapore, play on them you will have a great ping. If you want to play with friends in Europe you just have to deal with a bad ping, nothing you can do to fix it.

Below are some screen shots of my connection.

The first result looks pretty good to a server in London but the second (proper ping test) to Japan is alot higher.

Ive played racing games on the PS3 to Europe and the States (PGR/F1/MotoGP etc) and havent experienced any major lag that is noticeable, well playable. Not really into FP shooters so cant comment on them. The only serious lag I get is from Pro Evoloution Soccer.

<div><br></div><div>If I change servers to UK or East coast US the ping results are between 3-400 m/s, pretty crap</div>

post-119214-0-07557100-1295711036_thumb.

post-119214-0-75922400-1295711047_thumb.

Edited by 111tingtong

Speedtests ping results are all messed up, use pingtest. I get 29 ping to that London server too(and SF and all sorts of other places) which is impossible. If I ping the server manually it's 300 which is right

Below are some screen shots of my connection.

The first result looks pretty good to a server in London but the second (proper ping test) to Japan is alot higher.

Ive played racing games on the PS3 to Europe and the States (PGR/F1/MotoGP etc) and havent experienced any major lag that is noticeable, well playable. Not really into FP shooters so cant comment on them. The only serious lag I get is from Pro Evoloution Soccer.

<div><br></div><div>If I change servers to UK or East coast US the ping results are between 3-400 m/s, pretty crap</div>

32827347.png

How close you are to a node AND how many people share that connection make a huge difference!

I am inside the moat and the ONLY person with my provider on the node. I get FAST (for Thailand) connections. I am about to put an outdoor antenna on my house to provide a backup wifi source for one of my offices that is very close to my house.

How close you are to a node AND how many people share that connection make a huge difference!

I am inside the moat and the ONLY person with my provider on the node. I get FAST (for Thailand) connections. I am about to put an outdoor antenna on my house to provide a backup wifi source for one of my offices that is very close to my house.

willing to share your provider?

willing to share your provider?

I am using 3bb at home and ToT at the office. The thing is that the provider matters little, what matters is how close you are to a node and how many people you are sharing it with.

1122936983.png

1122969027.png

there are 3 computers in use on this one near hang dong

1122950375.png

http://www.speedtest.../1122950375.png

Folks.. these are fake results.. Think about it..

3BB fakes the speedtest site results.. Your not getting 2x ms pings to western europe from thailand.. Simply not possible.

This is quite well known by now.. You need to try other speed tests.

On the Speedtest.net website you all need to use the Ping Test which takes you to a different test page and then you'll be getting ping's of over 3-400ms. Not sure why the main page shows pings of less than 30mms to servers in Europe!!!

Because as I say.. The Thai ISP's have now decided to cheat.. They actually capture speedtest traffic and fake the results. More time wasted in pretending somethings not broken rather than fix the problem.

On the Speedtest.net website you all need to use the Ping Test which takes you to a different test page and then you'll be getting ping's of over 3-400ms. Not sure why the main page shows pings of less than 30mms to servers in Europe!!!

Because as I say.. The Thai ISP's have now decided to cheat.. They actually capture speedtest traffic and fake the results. More time wasted in pretending somethings not broken rather than fix the problem.

This one if for checking Down/Up-Load Speeds http://www.speedtest.net/

This one is for checking Ping/Latency http://www.pingtest.net/

It doesnt matter which server you choose for the speedtest, the latency results are always related to the server in Bangkok and is why everyone is showing results below 30ms, if you select "your results" it indicates this. No conspiracy theory involved. For accurate ping results use http://www.pingtest.net/ (which is from the same site)

It doesnt matter which server you choose for the speedtest, the latency results are always related to the server in Bangkok and is why everyone is showing results below 30ms, if you select "your results" it indicates this. No conspiracy theory involved. For accurate ping results use http://www.pingtest.net/ (which is from the same site)

OK.. So if its not cheating.. why do lines report max local linespeeds (same as a bangkok location speedtest) when doing international tests ?? The same lines test far lower when using other (non faked) speedtests like the speakeasy one. 3BB is faking the speed and ping results by capturing the traffic and feeding it bangkok based results.

Secondly, what you say is not correct for the 'unfaked' results, as can be proven with other ISP results.. 3bb are reporting sub 30 second international pings yet TOT reports this..

1124911183.png

When I do international.. Yet if I do bangkok its in the 70 range.

1124912694.png

So why is it a variable speed result now between domestic and international if "the latency results are always related to the server in Bangkok and is why everyone is showing results below 30ms" ?? Its not pure and simple. 'Everyone' doesnt report international pings in the sub 30ms range.. Only the cheating ISP's report that.

This has been dissected in detail by others.. speedtest.net is being faked by 3BB to provide false results.

Edited by LivinLOS

Are you basing your conspiracy theory on the results you receive from doing speed tests? I am just wondering.

MSPain

OK.. So if its not cheating.. why do lines report max local linespeeds (same as a bangkok location speedtest) when doing international tests ?? The same lines test far lower when using other (non faked) speedtests like the speakeasy one. 3BB is faking the speed and ping results by capturing the traffic and feeding it bangkok based results.

Secondly, what you say is not correct for the 'unfaked' results, as can be proven with other ISP results.. 3bb are reporting sub 30 second international pings yet TOT reports this..

1124911183.png

1124912694.png

So why is it a variable speed result now between domestic and international if "the latency results are always related to the server in Bangkok and is why everyone is showing results below 30ms" ?? Its not pure and simple. 'Everyone' doesnt report international pings in the sub 30ms range.. Only the cheating ISP's report that.

This has been dissected in detail by others.. speedtest.net is being faked by 3BB to provide false results.

1124911183.png

1124912694.png

I see your point and is why I indicated to use http://www.pingtest.net/ for a latency test of your connection. I cant answer why some ISP's use the BKK server and other the target server in the test, however if you look closer into the results it does indicate that the ping result is from the server in BKK. I have no idea why an ISP would want to cheat about their connection, when a connection ping is crap, well its, ahem, crap...you cant really hide it.

If you have a Mac you can use Network Utility to give you the most accurate results or use the Ping Command on a PC.

The original OP asked if he could play games with the state of the internet, specifically first person shooters. Im not a big fps fan but I have played COD in the past without any major latency issues. I have just booted up the old PS3 with GT5, it connects to servers in the UK and I can participate in races without experiencing any time warping around the track.

I cant answer why some ISP's use the BKK server and other the target server in the test, however if you look closer into the results it does indicate that the ping result is from the server in BKK

I am unsure where exactly you mean.. on speedtest or pingtest ?? If you mean under the my results section (top right) of speedtest then thats not the case on my TOT line, it reports accurately that its to the server I select not bkk. But then TOT are not faking the results.

This whole issue has been broken down and analysed by experts and discussed.. Khun Woody has posted some factual details on how they cheat, so the problem has been looked and and detailed. You can deny the facts if you like but they are there. Saying theres no conspiracy theory is denying they do so and the results are somehow genuine.

3BB cheats !! Simple as that. The results they post for pings and speeds are not the real reports. If you can still enjoy online games I dont debate, all I am saying is 3BB are playing con games with speedtest.net results, its been shown they even report pings that are faster than the speed of light on occasion.