Simple Minds, Simple Things, Promised Me A Miracle..

StreetCowboy

I often log on to TV when I am grumpy or frustrated; and then all you effwits do your best to wind me up... but the first thing I do is go to look at the battles I;m fighting already,,,

and at the top of the page it says "Stretcowboy's content"

And I am. And whenever I think I am not, I go back to that page, and I conclude that I am,

Simple things Simple Minds. Promised me a miracle.

and delivered.

Ha ha... for those of you that are still not satisfied.... try drink and drugs, It will not make you happy, but you;ll be glad to get back to real life.

SC

Why a link to one of their worst songs -- and one they didn't write and by all accounts weren't especially proud despite its massive success -- when it's not even the right song?!

Sorry...I liked Simple Minds and used to get annoyed that people would reduce them to that one Top 40 hit...carry on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd6riYfLPXk

IMHO, it was the only good song that they ever did and they should have been very grateful to whoever actually wrote it.

No doubt you are not alone in thinking that -- indeed it's not a very Simple Minds song (it was written for The Breakfast Club and not even for them) -- and so it's not surprising that someone who didn't otherwise like Simple Minds liked that one. And I was exaggerating a bit -- it's not a bad song, I just got annoyed with how overplayed it was and how many people knew only that song from them.But there are -- in my opinion -- loads of other good ones, for example:

Up On the Catwalk

Alive and Kicking

New Gold Dream

Waterfront

All The Things She Said

Sanctify Yourself

and...

The last one holds a special place i my heart not only because I think it's so cool but because I heard it (and watched the video) the first time in the Sugar Shack Bar in Bangkok Thailand in 1982 (as I was falling in lust -- though at 19 it sorta felt like love -- with my first Thai chick...and therein lies a tale in itself...).

The Sugar Shack -- everyplace was playing CCR and mostly other crap 70s rock and the Shack was playing videos of Depeche Mode, Duran Duran and the like; cutting edge for its time.

Anyway...I'm sure people stopped reading this a long time ago...

Edited by SteeleJoe

How about Book of Brilliant Things - one of my all time favourites, especially live.

Oh, yes. Most definitely.

Right now? Listening to Once Upon A Time. (Inspired by thread to open the Simple Minds folder...)

Edited by SteeleJoe