6 Nations

sanpakwan

I know the Old Bell will be showing as many matches as possible but from past experience UN is always a very good atmosphere at 6 nations time

I'm sure a few places will be showing it and offering incentives to go to their place.

The UN Irish pub never offers incentives because it basically has the market sewn up regarding sporting events and Rugby seems to attract the biggest crowds there. With three big screens in different parts of the pub and lots of atmosphere it can't be beaten. smile.gif

Problem is we have lost multichoice and up here I cant get astro.. So that leaves the spotty coverage on UBC / True, the non live games and general screw ups that happens every 6 nations.

I better upgrade my internet and sort my VPN out.. iPlayer here we come.

Problem is we have lost multichoice and up here I cant get astro.. So that leaves the spotty coverage on UBC / True, the non live games and general screw ups that happens every 6 nations.

I was under the imression that BBC iPlayer was only a catch up service i.e. non live coverage?

Please advise if this is not so as I already have the internet connection and the VPN so this could also be a good option for later games as the games played in France are usually evening games.

Thanks

I was under the imression that BBC iPlayer was only a catch up service i.e. non live coverage?

Please advise if this is not so as I already have the internet connection and the VPN so this could also be a good option for later games as the games played in France are usually evening games.

Thanks

Actually last year it was the opposite.. The 'live' coverage was a stream only and not on the catchup, due to licencing restrictions that allowed them 'broadcast' rights but not download / PVR / Catchup rights.

That was annoying as the VPN I used wasnt fast enough for a decent stream without rebuffering and I couldnt 'download' and let it sort out a proper buffer. Had got myself all set up and keen for the match, cold guiness in hand, and the playback kept buffering and stuttering. A fairly decent VPN is needed.

Edited by LivinLOS

• 2 weeks later...

The UN Irish Pub's new satellite dish is up and running, so they now have access to all of the 6 Nation and Super 15 rugby games. Hooray!!!

Their full schedule is below:

Tue 8th 2:15pm 6 Nations – Wales v England 4/2 (Set) ®

5:00pm NHL – Colorado @ Phoenix (108 or 99) ®

6:00pm 6 Nations – Italy v Ireland 5/3 (Set) ®

7:00pm NHL – Chicago @ Calgary (108 or 99) ®

7:30pm 6 Nations – France v Scotland 5/3 (Set) ®

8:30pm Live Music – Irish Country with Mac & Mel

9:00pm NHL – NY Rangers @ Detroit (108 or 99) ®

9:30pm Hurling – Armagh v Dublin (Set) ®

11:00pm Hurling – Mayo v Down (Set) ®

11:00pm NFL Super Bowl – Green Bay @ Pittsburgh (108 or 99) ®

Wed 9th 10:00am NHL – NY Rangers v Detroit (108 or 99) ®

11:00am ODI Cricket – Tasmania v Victoria (ESPNI)

7:00pm NHL – Buffalo @ Tampa Bay (108 or 99) ®

7:30pm EPL – Newcastle v Arsenal 5/2 (111) ®

7:30pm Rugby – Harlequins v Cardiff (Set) ®

8:30pm Live Music – Open Mic Night Hosted by Lindsay

9:00pm NHL – Columbus v Pittsburgh (108 or 99) ®

10:30pm EPL – Chelsea v Liverpool 6/2 (101) ®

11:00pm UFC (108 or 99) ®

11:00pm Classic Boxing – Sugar Ray Leonard v Jake Lamotta (107) ®

Thu 10th 9:30am NHL – Chicago @ Edmonton (108 or 99) Live

12:00pm NHL – Colorado @ Minnesota (108 or 99) ®

5:00pm NHL – Phoenix @ Dallas (108 or 99) ®

7:00pm NHL – Montreal @ Boston (108 or 99) ®

7:30pm EPL – Newcastle v Arsenal 5/2 (101) ®

8:30pm Quiz Night – 1st, 2nd, 3rd & Triers' Prizes

11:00pm NHL – Chicago @ Edmonton (108 or 99) ®

Fri 11th 5:00pm AFL – Pre-season Cup (Aus)

5:00pm NHL – Chicago @ Edmonton (108 or 99) ®

7:30pm AFL – Pre-season Cup (Aus)

9:00pm NHL – Los Angeles @ Pittsburgh (108 or 99) ®

11:00pm UFC (108 or 99) ®

11:00pm EPL – Man City v West Brom (5/2) ®

Sat 12th 11:00am NHL – Detroit @ Boston (108 or 99) ®

1:00pm NHL – Colorado @ Columbus (108 or 99) ®

3:00pm AFL – Pre-season Cup (Aus)

5:00pm NHL – Anaheim @ Calgary (108 or 99) ®

7:00pm NHL – Chicago @ Dallas (108 or 99)

7:45pm EPL – Man U v Man City (101/111)

9:30pm 6 Nations – England v Italy (Set)

10:00pm EPL – Liverpool v Wigan (101) Not Shown

10:00pm EPL – Arsenal v Wolves (103) Not Shown

12:00am 6 Nations – Scotland v Wales (Set)

12:30am EPL – Sunderland v Tottenham (103) Not Shown

Sun 13th 3:00pm NHL – Carolina @ Tampa Bay (108 or 99) ®

4:00pm ODI – India v Australia (StarC)

3:30pm AFL – Pre-season Cup (Aus)

5:00pm NHL – Colorado @ Nashville (108 or 99) ®

6:00pm 6 Nations – England v Italy 12/2 (Set) ®

7:45pm 6 Nations – Scotland v Wales 12/2 (Set) ®

8:15pm Championship – QPR v Nottingham Forest (Goal1)

9:00pm NHL – Chicago @ Phoenix (108 or 99) ® Not Shown

10:00pm 6 Nations – Ireland v France (Set)

11:00pm EPL – Bolton v Everton (101/111) Not Shown

Mon 14th 3:00pm NHL – Boston @ Detroit (108 or 99) ®

9:00pm NHL – Los Angeles @ Philadelphia (108/99) ®

10:00pm F1 Classic – 1990 Japanese Grand Prix (107) ®

11:00pm NHL – Columbus @ Dallas (108 or 99) ®

Tue 15th 7:00pm NHL – Calgary @ Colorado (108 or 99) ®

?7:30pm EPL – Fulham v Chelsea (101 or 111) ®?

9:00pm NHL – Washington @ Phoenix (108 or 99) ®

11:00pm NHL – Boston @ Detroit (108 or 99) ®

Edited by uptheos

Think set stands for setanta, seems to be showing the gaelic football as well, any ideas if this willl continue to the all-irelands, in Australia they charge into pubs to watch it, can't seem to get a decent stream of it since justin tv changed

Setanta is available in HK, Malaysia and Singapore on selected networks. I suppose the Irish Pub is getting it through Astro Malaysia. They must have a huge dish to pick it up.....Either that or it's available in pirated form. Something to look into.

Why do you worry, Wales will win

Is Barry John and JPR playing then?wink.gif

are the heroes playing again,so

where is the place to watch wales stuff england on friday?

Sorry England couldn't oblige with a stuffing......maybe the Scot's will be kinder to you on Saturday. biggrin.gif

I suppose Chiang mai is not really a rugby fans town.

I have really enjoyed watching all of the games so far thanks to live broadband streams,stayed at home.

great results ,pity Ireland 4tries and don't win!!! shame on the rules of penalties.

I suppose Chiang mai is not really a rugby fans town.

I have really enjoyed watching all of the games so far thanks to live broadband streams,stayed at home.

great results ,pity Ireland 4tries and don't win!!! shame on the rules of penalties.

On the contrary, there are lots of Rugby fans in Chiang Mai.

The trouble is that for a lot of these sporting events they are being shown on different satellite systems and there's only one place in town that makes the effort to show these events on the big screen.

The cricket world cup will be starting in the next few days, it will be interesting to see who is showing that.

Edited by uptheos

Just for the record, Uptheos doesn't come into The Olde Bell because he doesn't like the internet personality of Millwall_fan.

He promotes which ever pub or restaurant he thinks provided the greatest competition to us. Generall The UN Irish for Sports and Gecko Garden for cheap eats.

Thus he has no idea what sports we show. I generally ignore him but when he posts misleading information I feel I need to.

I have nothing at all against the UN Irish and have known Sandy for many years, for some reason Uptheos feels Sandy needs his help.

I would take any posts Uptheos puts up about pubs and restaurants with a large degree of scepticism.

for the record, We have shown all 6 nations games that fall wihtin our licencing hours and plan on showing the remainder.

I believe The Pub also shows 6 Nations games. So the Irish is not the 'only pub to have made the effort'

Just for the record, Uptheos doesn't come into The Olde Bell because he doesn't like the internet personality of Millwall_fan.

He promotes which ever pub or restaurant he thinks provided the greatest competition to us. Generall The UN Irish for Sports and Gecko Garden for cheap eats.

Thus he has no idea what sports we show. I generally ignore him but when he posts misleading information I feel I need to.

I have nothing at all against the UN Irish and have known Sandy for many years, for some reason Uptheos feels Sandy needs his help.

I would take any posts Uptheos puts up about pubs and restaurants with a large degree of scepticism.

for the record, We have shown all 6 nations games that fall wihtin our licencing hours and plan on showing the remainder.

I believe The Pub also shows 6 Nations games. So the Irish is not the 'only pub to have made the effort'

<deleted>!!

If you knew this, I'm sure the OP would have appreciated the info before now!

I'd gladly say you show the games too.

Post # 3 by mrclough says The Olde Bell will be showing as many as possible.

I tried to clarify this with my my post #14 asking if The Olde Bell in fact were, but no response.

I must have missed where you personally stated that you were showing them. huh.gif And if no-one from The Pub comes along how would we know?

As for not liking the Internet face of Millwall_Fan you are completely wrong. It's the racist/bigoted remarks that you have previously made that I dislike, not some Internet face!

Will you be showing the Cricket? A Yes or No will suffice. smile.gif

PS Where in post 23 do I mention the Irish Pub?

Edited by uptheos

<deleted>!!

I tried to clarify this with my my post #14 asking if The Olde Bell in fact were, but no response.

I must have missed where you personally stated that you were showing them. huh.gif And if no-one from The Pub comes along how would we know?

As for not liking the Internet face of Millwall_Fan you are completely wrong. It's the racist/bigoted remarks that you have previously made that I dislike, not some Internet face!

Before you edited your post, it read: 'it's you and the rascist bigoted remarks that you have previously made that I dislike' you might have removed the 'You' in your edit but the sentiment is still there.

Case proven.

<deleted>!!

Before you edited your post, it read: 'it's you and the rascist bigoted remarks that you have previously made that I dislike' you might have removed the 'You' in your edit but the sentiment is still there.

Case proven.

But the racist and bigoted remarks are also proven aren't they? smile.gif

Well, will you be showing the Cricket - here's your opportunity to let cricket fans know?

Edited by uptheos

To be fair OBP the OP asked on the 23 Jan who was showing the 6 Nations and it's took you up until today to confirm that you are showing, i would have thought that it would have in your best interest's to respond to the OP quickly and then perhaps the UN Irish wouldn't have been mentioned in the thread so often.

A side issue, what satellite do you get in on ?

To be fair OBP the OP asked on the 23 Jan who was showing the 6 Nations and it's took you up until today to confirm that you are showing, i would have thought that it would have in your best interest's to respond to the OP quickly and then perhaps the UN Irish wouldn't have been mentioned in the thread so often.

uptheos has mentioned that he enjoys the UN Irish Pub a number of times. I do not think that he is recommending them out of any animosity for anyone else. :ermm:

A side issue, what satellite do you get in on ?

Hi Alfie, The OP asked the question at sometime after midnght, Uptheos had made his first promotion of the Irish by 8am. I tend not to get involved with posts where he does that sort of thing. Then he posted their schedule, then their facebook page. If there are posts about cheap eats he promotes Gecko Garden. As he has said above he doesn't like me and delights in promoting whichever establishment he thinks is the greatest competition in any sphere! As I say, I don't usually get involved, we are so busy it hardly matters, except when his ignorance of our pub leads to errors. I have sent you a PM.

UG: I believe he is deliberately maligning our pub. He even picks me up on my typos <deleted>!! I'd love to be proved wrong, but his posting history suggests otherwise.