Electric Hair Trimmer/Clipper

tomat

As the topic says, I am looking for an electric hair clipper. I had one which ran on batteries but it was not powerful enough and the batteries ran out in minutes.

So the one I am looking for is similar to those you know from hair salons, with a power cable and "length adjustment clip-on" (or whatever it's called :) )

I looked in PowerBuy in Siam Paragorn and then only had the small trimmers for your beard, and only battery powered ones, I went to MBK but gave up being offered an iPad 10 million times, and in Hua Hin where I live I will guarantee it's not available.

So any ideas where to find one? Online or in BKK.

Something like this one:

post-94351-0-23093100-1295862078_thumb.j

I've seen this outside Carrefour, BigC, Tesco, etc...in those shops that are setup in the isles before you enter these stores. Here in Pattaya, there are several shops that sell them. I think they were about 1000B or so.

Maybe that mall that is a bit south of town will have it somewhere in one of those small shops outside?

Good luck!!!

• Like 1

I bought some in Hua Hin in Market Village in one of the stalls by the food court. He had a selection of different qualities. I have also seen the same stall on the first floor near the Kodak shop ( he also sell LED clocks).

Hope this helps

• Like 1

I bought one which had a WAHL, USA logo on the package and on the trimmer housing in Hua Hin Village market on a stall right outside the food court. However when I got home, i noticed the two screws holding the the two-part blades together were not aligned in a correct manner. The trimmer just would not work as it was supposed to be. I assume some of this stuff they sell in stalls is second-of-choice factory output ( items that have not passed a straight quality test but are sold to dumb customers nevertheless because they ask no questions ) - or it is plain counterfeit item - sorry for my cynic remark but this is my experience here in the Land of Smiles. So if you d choose to buy there, don t hesitate to unpack and check the set.

I have then at home bought a genuine WAHL clipper , Made in USA, they are switchable between AC 110 and 220 Volts and I haven t been let down again !

wow very useful answers, cheers guys, will try Hua Hin first and see, if not I will have to go to MBK again it looks like :)

I brought mine from the States, but it's 110v, not the 220v we have here. Went to a "mom & pop" electric store and got a step-down transformer for about 300 baht and it works fine. Take care about using transformer for stepping down volts on appliances with motors, makes them run a bit hotter and slower, but for something like your clippers it works just fine for me. I also use it for charging batteries on my cordless tools, got all this info from thaivisa about a year ago on one of the forums about electrical. Good luck!

mario299 :jap:

I have bought almost every brand of hair clipper available in Thailand from the Wahl professional at the top end to very cheap brands imported from China. All in my opinion were average.I have now bought the best one yet, its a KEMEI brand name , model KM-605, it is a rechargeable hair clipper , for wet and dry hair , says you can use it in the shower , just make sure your not charging it at the time :D You can use it for beard trims as well . On full use after it has been charged , it lasts for 40 minutes . The blade is ceramic and it is also made in China, but Excellent . I knocked them down in price and paid only 320 bht in Tachilek Myanmar after crossing the border at Mae Sai but im sure you can get them elsewhere in Thailand .

Remember the 'flowbie' [sp?]......a combination vacume that sucked the hair up to the clippers, insuring a constant length cut and soo much cleaner with hair sucked up. They still have them in the US, but not cheap. If anyone sees a chineese knockoff......please post source.

I have bought almost every brand of hair clipper available in Thailand from the Wahl professional at the top end to very cheap brands imported from China. All in my opinion were average.I have now bought the best one yet, its a KEMEI brand name , model KM-605, it is a rechargeable hair clipper

Looks half-decent. Have also struggled with most other brands here... currently on a Remington, what a piece of junk. D'you know if those Kemei's are available in Chiang Mai anywhere?