Third-Sex Thai Hostesses Ready For Takeoff

webfact

Third-sex hostesses ready for takeoff

By The Nation

med_gallery_327_1086_15402.jpg

Thai transsexuals were overjoyed as new airline P.C. Air yesterday took air hostess job applications from "third sex" candidates at Bangkok's Esplanade shopping mall.

Among the successful applicants was Miss Tiffany 2007 winner Thanyarat "Film" Jiraphatpakorn.

P.C. Air executive Peter Shan said the company had seen the potential of transsexuals to work as hostesses.

After passing the preliminary round, the transsexuals will undergo training along with female air-hostesses and will have a "third sex" name tag pinned to their uniform to avoid immigration issues, Shan explained.

The first batch of successful candidates consisted of 17 women, 10 men and three transsexuals.

Miss Tiffany 2007 winner Thanyarat, 23, said she was overjoyed to get the chance she had longed for.

"At first I thought they would just take applications but not actually recruit us, as happened at other places before," she said.

Another transsexual applicant, Panthakan Sri-ngern, 24, said she once applied for a hostess position at another airline but wasn't chosen. She said a friend who worked there later told her she was rejected because she was transsexual. She felt devastated by the discrimination.

Panthakan, who has a hospitality and tourism degree from Kasetsart University, said this time she hoped to succeed and was glad Thai society was now giving more opportunities to transsexuals.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-01-25

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I only hope Pattaya ladyboys do not hear of the news! Or i am afraid passengers will be harassed in the air just as much as on the ground.

i also hope the airline is prepared to lose some customers, there is a large number of people who do not accept so called third sex.

Who and what is P.C. Air?

Politically Correct Airlines???

I think its Pegasus Airlines, though logo in the photo on the plane(he/she is holding does not appear to match)

or could be a misspell and its PB Air

Edited by kuffki

Who and what is P.C. Air?

Darned if I can find any solid reference to it yet in my internet searches. The Pegasus Airlines initials seems to not match the logos, but maybe there are some recent mergers or changes. This may be a "scam" by somebody posing as an airline that likes to "interview" ladyboys. Kind of like a Hollywood casting couch.

Back at DM airport, years ago, I was stuck in a transit space with other passengers - waiting for hours for a delayed take-off. On the intercom, there were loud (very loud, as it has to be in Thailand) announcements every minute or so. The voice was obviously a trans-sexual (I hesitate to say the 'k' word on T.Visa, for fear of being bounced). There was muted giggling adjoining each announcement. For some people, that may seem fine, but others of us don't particularly like being loudly spoken at, with a feminine man's overly-effeminate voice accompanied by giggling - periodically for hours on end.

I only hope Pattaya ladyboys do not hear of the news! Or i am afraid passengers will be harassed in the air just as much as on the ground.

i also hope the airline is prepared to lose some customers, there is a large number of people who do not accept so called third sex.

The kind of people that harbor such pettiness are usually the ones that buy a ticket based on price and price alone. Why else would some people be willing to sit in the middle seat on Thai Air Asia? I would think that some people would be more annoyed by the snotty FA's of TG than they would be by an FA that was friendly, well groomed and helpful. It might actually prove more cost effective for a low budget airline to have a sizeable contingent of transgenders. Think about it. A woman with the strength of a man to lift those cabin bags for the old dears that cannot. The transgender FAs offer the benefits of a pretty girl without the downside of having a monthly visitor or becoming pregnant. Alot of elderly foreign flyers that won't know the difference. And some passengers might pick the airline just for the chance of being in close proximity to a hot TG.

if the FA can evacuate the plane in an emergency, manage the hordes of savages on board and can make the flight bearable, that's all that matters to me.

Clearly a Branson-like publicity stunt on behalf of the airlines. If not, then good for them. People got over being attended by gays (I think the British Airways guys are much more attentive and personable than their female cabin crew) and they will get over being served by the third sex.

Does it really matter what gender the person may be ?

Personally I think not.

It goes back to that delightful urban myth saying, '' God created man in his own image."

That fairy tale god thing must have indeed been a very confused being or theory when one view this forum and its posters, me included.laugh.gif

No doubt if one was in need of a lifesaving action one wouldn't enquire as to the gender of the person who was about to save you no more than you would query the colour or religion of such a person.

Lady girl Manly man or Lady boy ,.

Who gives a hoot ?

I sure don't

Will have to reconsider sitting on the aisle. Do not want to get a surprise when one of these TV air hostess has to stretch to close the overhead compartment. Crotch bulge on skirts is not what I look forward to when I think of air hostess.

Will have to reconsider sitting on the aisle. Do not want to get a surprise when one of these TV air hostess has to stretch to close the overhead compartment. Crotch bulge on skirts is not what I look forward to when I think of air hostess.

Hm. You prefer that bulge on pants, only like male stewards then?

Another small step forward for man, er um lady, er Oh, you know what I mean. With ladies running the line at Premier Division football matches I feel a little like the unfortunate who was deficient in the 'size matters' department so he bent it back on itself. I don't know whether I'm coming or going.

British Caledonian Airlines had many comely lassies traipsing up and down the aisles which didn't do their business any harm. It was a sad day when they were taken over by BA and in a short time (no pun intended) they were replaced by some very Plain Jane types with attitude of whom my sister was one. It made my day when she reported that during a trip back from Montreal she had had to fish out a lady's false teeth from a sick bag.

The third sex females that these airlines hired are more beautiful than women. You would not be intimidated by them. They are professionals and know their job.

Your last sentence sent my mind into the gutter. However I may never recover from the heading of this thread. Surprised that nobody else picked up on it.

The third sex females that these airlines hired are more beautiful than women. You would not be intimidated by them. They are professionals and know their job.

How could they be experienced "professionals", who "know their job", if they've been unable to obtain trolly-dolly positions with local airlines previously ? Just asking ... B)

How could they be experienced "professionals", who "know their job", if they've been unable to obtain trolly-dolly positions with local airlines previously ? Just asking ... B)

You are procastinating and prejudice against their gender selection. To be qualified for a air hostess position, the individuals must go through various trainings and have sufficient education. This is a professional job, not a waitress position.

The usual homophobic nonsense, I'm afraid.

Does it really matter what gender the person may be ?

Personally I think not.

It goes back to that delightful urban myth saying, '' God created man in his own image."

That fairy tale god thing must have indeed been a very confused being or theory when one view this forum and its posters, me included.:lol:

No doubt if one was in need of a lifesaving action one wouldn't enquire as to the gender of the person who was about to save you no more than you would query the colour or religion of such a person.

Lady girl Manly man or Lady boy ,.

Who gives a hoot ?

I sure don't

God created man in his own image.

That fairy tale god thing must have indeed been a very confused being or theory when one view this forum and its posters, me included.

Are you saying we are on a down hill slope.:lol: