How To Move My Cats Elsewhere

My wife has a small shop/noodle restaurant and had a resident cat.

She closed the shop down but the cat had 3 kittens and was still at the shop. OK as it kept the rats and pigeons down.

I go up 2 km every day to feed them and about 4 months ago the kittens vanished but I kept feeding the mother.

2 months ago the mother vanished but the food kept disappearing and eventually I managed to coax the kittens out so I could see them.

I still feed them every day but it is a pain to go there 2 km each way so I want to move them down to the house area but they are people shy and though they tolerate me (because I feed them?) they won't come too close and if anyone else is there they just hide somewhere.

How can I get them from one place to the other?

I call them More, Less and Black as 2 are ginger/white 1 is more ginger and less white and the 3rd one is black with only a little ginger.

The mother was mostly ginger and was people friendly.

The place is locked up unless somebody goes to feed them but they can get out easily enough if they want to.

hello billd

so sweet to bring the cats with you ! cats will be more happy with people. did remind my scarey experience when I moved my cat. share with you some tricks.

first, move them all at the same time in boxes or covered cages. not sure yours are indoor cats or outdoor cats, yet locate them altogether in a lockable room. a week or more they start to get used ( or to survive ) in the new home. then bring them to experience your place, step by step. they will try to hide away, put some old towels, paper boxes and cat toys and they manage themselves. ( I did wrong here and I let my cat explored too fast, he scared off. )

probably you need a lot of time in the first week, or even first month, more than that you drive 2km and feed them :-) keep on feeding them with the same food, the same way you approach them, until they are very familiar with you. keep this responsibility with you, perhaps your wife plays another role - play and comfort them. switching roles suddenly may confuse them.

my cat is an outdoor cat ( with no boundary ) and today confronts with all environmental hazards and stray cats around ( with all kinds of deases ). train them as indoor cats as possible, good safety for the cats.

hope these help, have a nice moving day !