Anyone Drive Roadstar In Los?

dagling

Was just wondering if any of you drive a Roadstar here in Thailand? I havn`t seen so many around, been to Bangkok/Pattaya and at the Bang Saen Bike Week serval times ;)

Here is som photos of my Roadstar 1600cc(2006) up in Khon Kaen.

808402.jpeg

808406.jpeg

808409.jpeg

808410.jpeg

808411.jpeg

808413.jpeg

808414.jpeg

Edited by dagling
other forum removed

My first bike here in Thailand was a Yamaha Drag Star Classic 400 cc - 2006 model. In all ways a great bike that really opened my eyes again after many years dormant in cold Norway. A great two-colored black and white bike that gave me many great one thousand kilometers in Thailand.

But as time passed and I began to become more accustomed to driving a bike again, I began the search for a new cruiser. On the recommendation of a friend , so it was that I began the search for a new Yamaha, just this would be 4 times more cc.

But to find a Yamaha Road Star (Wild Star in Europe) here in Thailand is easier said than done. There are not many of them down here, but luck was on my side. Made contact with the seller in Bangkok and agreed view a few days later.

Excited I showed up in Bangkok, me and the lady ran off with our car and got out at the agreed meeting point in the middle of downtown Bangkok, which has 12-15 million inhabitants. Well, I stand waiting and when I heard the lovely sound when I saw my new bike turn onto the petrol station. A "monster" of a bike, I thought. You could literally feel the vibration throughout the body from the bike.

Well, our money was handed over to the seller and papers done. I would for the first time run this "monster bike" back home, Situated approx. 550 km north-east of Bangkok. The trip through the Bangkok without G.P.S was quite a challenge, but when we got safely out of Bangkok and found the main road (Road 2) which would take us the next all the way home.

Must admit that I was a little intimidated by the size and weight of this bike compared to my Drag Star 400 cc. But the trip went just fine, I had become acquainted with my new "lady", and today I have no plans to replace her, in my eyes she is the ultimate cruiser.

Edited by dagling