Architect

I am looking for an architect I can deal with online. They must be Thailand based at Thai prices :o (Seriously). I need to be able to communicate and deal mainly online due to work commitments. Can be Bangkok, Pattaya based. Sakeo would be wonderful :D .

Any know anyone?

Thanks Chownah Lets give it a go.

Want to build single storey house about 400 meters squared in build area space on land not a problem. I want outside to look traditional Thai but the inside ie bedrooms (5ish) kitchen bathrooms farang style. Inside must have traditional areas Thai style :o make sense ie wide open spaces areas. So basically need to look at

Outside design Thai style

Off shelf inside design that perhaps I can modify

Inside layout

Pictures drawings

Actual Plans

Costing etc

I hope this works. Maybe we have an architect out there wanting to undertake such a project. He must understand Thai building techniques specifications etc. Do not want to import anything from farangland!! :D

Maprao,

A really good architect will alway spend some time learning about the client...finding out what the client really likes and wants...sometimes the client is actually a bit fuzzy on just exactly what they want and a good architect will take some time to help the client to clarify what they want. I'm not sure how much time a Thai architect will spend doing this and I also don't know how effective a Thai person would be at plumbing the depths of a westerner's mind about such things. I'm not a really good architect...I'm a rice farmer....but perhaps I could ask you a question or two that might help.

You say you want a Thai style exterior...do you have a good understanding of what kind of Thai style you want. Most people think that the Ayuthaya style is the Thai style...is this what you have in mind?...or are you wanting northern Thai style? Also do you actually want the exterior to look AUTHENTIC Thai style or do you have certain elements that you like and want but the authenticity is not important. By Thai style do you mean that from the outside it will look like a wood house? or is concrete exterior Thai style with wood details ok for you?

I could ask more questions about things other than exterior style (example: who will use the kitchen and if its a Thai person will they actually prefer some Thai elements in the kitchen to accomodate their cooking style?) but perhaps this would not be productive for you....if you would like me to ask you more just encourage me with a reply...otherwise....good luck and I hope you find a great architect!!

Chownah

• 8 months later...

post-18949-1148761501_thumb.jpgThanks chownah. There has been a long gap since I addressed this issue. Filling the swag bag up in the dessert so to speak :o but now

Here I am again I am looking for a company that provides "ready made" makes houses from wood Thai style. Very much like the picture I am posting here. If anyone knows of one in Bangkok Chonburi it would be nice to know how to get the details. Anywhere in Sakeo would be wonderful Beers on me