Taxpayers Encouraged To File Returns Online

Taxpayers Encouraged to File Returns Online

The Revenue Department is calling on taxpayers to file tax returns early and to utilize online services to receive tax refunds faster.

Revenue Department Director-General Satit Rangkasiri said individuals can file their personal income tax returns using the P.N.D. 90 and 91 forms, from to March 31.

He added that they can also file their tax returns at the Revenue Department offices nationwide, Krung Thai Bank branches, and via the electronic filing system at www.rd.go.th.

Satit encouraged taxpayers to submit the forms online for fast processing, in which taxpayers could receive their refunds within 15 days if the forms are filed in January or February.

Seven million out of 9 million taxpayers filed tax rebates via the Revenue Department website last year.

He said officials will be overloaded with paperwork if most people file their returns in March, which could result in a delay.

The director-general stressed that taxpayers must keep related documents in case of an inquiry by department officials.

Satit went on to say that those who win cash or other prize items from competitions must pay taxes using the P.N.D. 90 form.

For winners who are minors, their parents are required to submit tax payments on behalf of the children, even if a withholding tax has already been deducted from the value of the prize.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-01-26

footer_n.gif

Seven million Thais went online to file a tax return. OK - it was to receive a credit, but I am shocked/impressed to learn that there are 7 million Thais who have that level of IT literacy. Nine million tax payers in a third world country with a population of 60 million also surprises me but I guess that is mostly a result of employers having to sort it for employees in shops and offices.

• 2 months later...

the online tax return is pretty good and straightforward. Saves having to line up at the tax office!

I'm having difficulty finding the exact place to do this. I have the form with the amount of my earnings. Can anyone help?

I have the form PND 90. Can I send it to them online and how?

Alternatively, does anyone know if it is a large fine for being late?

Edited by saraburioz

the online tax return is pretty good and straightforward. Saves having to line up at the tax office!

I'm having difficulty finding the exact place to do this. I have the form with the amount of my earnings. Can anyone help?

I have the form PND 90. Can I send it to them online and how?

The online is as it sounds, filling out the PND91 through an electronic form at the revenue department website. The e-filing URL is here. The problem is it is in Thai and may need help navigating. 2nd you will need to submit a form to apply for online e-filing - The form is the top item located here.

Don't know where you are located so can't advise where to go in person to file.