Sky Train Terminal Hotels

brianw

The Asia hotel is actually adjoined to the sky train station with its own private entrance into the raised level of the station.

The station is Ratchathevi and is the next station after Nana station going north.

The hotel is very close to the MBK complex and also Siam Discovery centre and the Siam Paragon shopping complex.

http://www.asiahotel.co.th/asia_bangkok.htm

Hope this helps....I have stayed at the hotel dozens of times and although its not the cheapest, it is most convenient, especially when its raining and you can walk straight into the sky train without going outside.

HL :D

There are the hotels i stayed, all are clean and 5-10 minute walk from BTS. They range from 1500-2500 baht a day.

Nana BST, 5 minute walk. (President Palace Hotel). Better deals are at their website. I paid 2500 Baht, it includes 11am -5pm all you can drink beer and cocktails at their poolside bar plus so-so Breakfast buffet. Many other restaurants, clubs and bars within a walking distance. Emporium Mall, 2 stations away, Soi 11 location Sukhumvit. My first choice.

MRT Phrom Phong. There is a train entry connecting it with the Emporium mall and one outside it, near the park . The hotel is 10 minute walk. Brand new and recently changed its name from "I trend Hotel" to

Citrus Sukhumvit 22 Bangkok". I paid 2000 Baht through Agoda.com. Swimming pool sucks, but it is located in Soi 22 Sukhumvit, 5 minute walk to Emporium mall, restaurants and bars on Sukhumvit. There are also many other hotels walking distance from this one. I was happy with it. try to get higher floor, since it can get noisy at times.

Max2010

Your query is a little confusing. Firstly, as the Airport Line (ARL) which is run by the SRT (it is not a BTS line AKA 'Skytrain') has two services.

The Express Line which terminates at Makkasan terminal (CAT- City Air Terminal) which costs 150 baht, 15min AND the CityLine service which stops all stations and terminates at SRT Phyathai station (45 baht, 25mins). The SRT Phayathai station is linked (and adjacent) to the BTS Phayathai station. Both services depart every 15 mins.

In realtion to hotels, there is nothing immediately adjacent to Makkasan. As Mickey and happylarry have detailed there are a few hotels immediately in proximity to the SRT and BTS Phayathai stations with the Asia Hotel being linked to the BTS station. That would be your easiest if you wish for a hotel adjacent to a station.

However, if this is your main need there are also numerous hotels within a 5-10 min walk to the airport line then you will only find a few. But interchange with either the BTS or MRT and the hotel options increase greatly (eg. BTS Chitlom, Ploenchit, Nana, Asoke,Thonglor. eg. MRT Huay Kwang, Suttisan, Rama 9, Sukhumvit).

Here is a map of the various line in BKK; http://www.bts.co.th/en/map.asp

And here is the Airport Line site for further info; http://airportraillink.railway.co.th/en/index.html#

To the posters above, the OP was asking about hotels near the city end of the Airport Rail Link line at Phyathai BTS station -- not hotels near ANY BTS station...

The Asia Hotel is an OK place, reasonably priced, decent restaurants and direct connection to the Ratchathewi BTS station, which is one station down from Phyathai where the airport rail link ends. You could continue on the BTS for a one station trip, or walk down Phahon Yothin Rd. from Phyathai to Ratchathewi, less than 10 minutes for sure.

Closer to Phyathai BTS itself, there are a couple of other hotels, the Siam City Hotel (#31 on the BTS system map) and the Pullman Bangkok King Power (#32 on the BTS system map) and halfway between the Phyathai and Victory Monument stations, the latter being one to the north of Phyathai.

I can't speak from any experience re the Siam City Hotel. The Pullman hotel is very nice, and expensive to match. All depends on one's tastes and budget.

PS - None of these locations are anywhere near Nana or the Nana BTS station... The comment about that above was more than a bit geographically challenged...

Edited by jfchandler

Could be, but the OP's original request was "terminal Bangkok end", terminal and end usually meaning "end".

I was responding more to the various comments about BTS station hotels all along the line at various stations...

Makkasan is the terminal of the airport express..

PS - None of these locations are anywhere near Nana or the Nana BTS station... The comment about that above was more than a bit geographically challenged...

Quite correct.....I meant to say Ratchathevi is one stop north of Siam station but got a bit mixed up, apologies. Anyway its still only two stations further up not exactly the other side of the city. lol

Looking at those maps that were linked, it looks like the Asia Hotel is still the best for the op anyway.

HL :D