Tat License For Online Business?

threelyons

I have had varied success with online businesses in other markets in the past and so far have never needed any kind of license for online sales. I am about to open a new website promoting and selling various tours and trips in and around Southern Thailand. Do i need a TAT license for this? If so does this apply whether living in Thailand or not? All my websites are hosted in other countries and all work is done from home.

If a TAT license is absolutely imperative then what is the procedure to get one and what are the costs?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Many kind thanks in advance..

If you are not performing the actual tour (travel agent) where you are only performing as a referral agent to tour company, then you would not be required to apply for a TAT license. Instead you would be required to be registered for E-Commerce permit.

Please note that if you are operating in Thailand plus the travel agencies are paying you in Thailand, even if you are working from home it is always recommended to have a work permit through a company that you would be able to work in Thailand legally.

In regarding to the TAT license, please be informed that you would have to obtain bank guarantee, as well as the operating company must also have Thai authorized director to represent the company.

www.sunbeltlegaladvisors.com