Buse Rain Gear Available At Touratech

engrin

I have been looking around the Touratech site that was recommended in another thread. I would like to hear what you guys think about the Buse rain gear.

Rain jacket, black/grey, size S Part Number : 01-500-1700-0 Stock amount : Approx. 2-3 weeks Weight : 0.7510 Kg Price : THB 2,397 Description Classic, practical, good!

The Büse rain jacket has no modern gimmicks, it simply serves its purpose: Protection from rain and the cold. A rain jacket, in contrast to the commonly-used liner, offers a significant advantage in that the motorbike jacket itself stays dry - anyone who has already looked for overnight lodgings with a dripping, soaking motorbike jacket would understand the benefit of this. Together with the rain trousers, this makes the perfect combination to counter all weathers!

Waterproof, PU-coated textile material with inner lining, waterproof inner pocket and reflective piping.

Outer material: 100% polyester, lining 100% polyester

TOURATECH_2010-05-26_10-12-59.jpg

Rain trousers, black, size S Part Number : 01-500-1708-0 Stock amount : Approx. 2-3 weeks Weight : 0.5050 Kg Price : THB 1,797 Description Classic, practical, good!

The Büse rain trousers have no modern gimmicks, they simply serve their purpose: Protection from rain and the cold. This, together with the rain jacket, makes the perfect combination to counter all weathers!

Waterproof, PU-coated textile fabric with inner lining and extra long zips at the calves

Outer material: 100% polyester, lining 100% polyester

-------

The Büse rain jacket and rain trousers have no modern gimmicks; they simply serve their purpose:

TOURATECH_2010-05-26_10-03-48.jpg

What would you recommend that is cheaper?

Cheaper sure, look what Thais wear… Large Black bag about 38 baht for 20, or wobble around with holding an unbrella from 65 baht.

In 7 years only ever seen 2 people with proper bike gear, both were on big bikes and both were non Thais…

Not sure but is there not some law saying you cannot ride a motorbuke in the rain ? I don’r mean lite rain, but here you do not often get fine or lite rain.. [sure I read somewhere you can get point on your license if stopped riding in the rain]

Not sure but is there not some law saying you cannot ride a motorbuke in the rain ? I don'r mean lite rain, but here you do not often get fine or lite rain.. [sure I read somewhere you can get point on your license if stopped riding in the rain]

That's a joke right? Surely you are aware the the BiB never work in the rain :rolleyes:

Not sure but is there not some law saying you cannot ride a motorbuke in the rain ? I don'r mean lite rain, but here you do not often get fine or lite rain.. [sure I read somewhere you can get point on your license if stopped riding in the rain]

That's a joke right? Surely you are aware the the BiB never work in the rain :rolleyes:

Very true but have seen then under the bridge on the main Rd, stopping a bike, another pile of bikes there as always had taken up 2 lane of a 3 lane road.

Just something I read in English when getting another 5 yr license... Also could be an error on Thai - English translation...

Had no idea there was a Point system here, amazing what point you could get, for things you see every day.

Edited by ignis

"The Büse rain trousers have no modern gimmicks, they simply serve their purpose: Protection from rain and the cold. This, together with the rain jacket, makes the perfect combination to counter all weathers"

Hi OP,

You may want something that does not protect you from the cold. As riding in the Bangkok the past 2 years in the rain, I have never been cold, quite the opposite...........

:jap:

• 2 months later...

I would love a really skinny trouser / jacket set to keep the crud and spray off when hopping between gigs in town but never found anything really compact.

Waterproofs are good for winter riding when it is "cold" in the mornings or you are up north or winter touring.

They keep the wind off!

As for ridding in the "real rain" you would have to be mad!

Stop, shelter, wait. If you're late for something then probably other people are too!

I bought a Kominie rain proof jacket and trouser Size Euro XL down at the Paddock shop in BKK last year for about 3k baht and they are pretty good at keeping the rain off.

The only problem I have had with the jacket was that the zip teeth were a bit fine and the velcro flap holders were just patches and not all the way up.

It cost me less than 500 baht and now it is OK.

I bought a Kominie rain proof jacket and trouser Size Euro XL down at the Paddock shop in BKK last year for about 3k baht and they are pretty good at keeping the rain off.

The only problem I have had with the jacket was that the zip teeth were a bit fine and the velcro flap holders were just patches and not all the way up.

Seen those and they look pretty good.

I have some gerat water / wind proofs for touring / winter wear but was thinking of something really skinny just for around town.

I used to carry walking gear with me in the UK because at low speed it does the job.

Maybe another visit to Paddock?

Seen those and they look pretty good.

I have some gerat water / wind proofs for touring / winter wear but was thinking of something really skinny just for around town.

I used to carry walking gear with me in the UK because at low speed it does the job.

Maybe another visit to Paddock?

Even the extra large size is too short in the leg for not long legs

I used to wear those cheap Thai ponchos but they just flapped in the wind too much and let water in.

So I just took my motorcycle jacket with me to Siam Paragon and went to the North Face shop.

I got a raincoat that fits over my moto jacket and it works very well as the gore tex breathes better.

It wasn't cheap, but definitely keeps rain out, especially when I wear the raincoat hood under my helmet.

I prefer not to ride in the rain, but last Saturday's flooding on Ratchadaphisek was a lot of fun to ride through, I was jetskiiing my scooter through foot deep puddles.

Almost drowned the engine/exhaust a few times but it was fun.

Always shower well after a ride as any flooding is just riding through sewage.

I used to wear those cheap Thai ponchos but they just flapped in the wind too much and let water in.

So I just took my motorcycle jacket with me to Siam Paragon and went to the North Face shop.

I got a raincoat that fits over my moto jacket and it works very well as the gore tex breathes better.

It wasn't cheap, but definitely keeps rain out, especially when I wear the raincoat hood under my helmet.

I prefer not to ride in the rain, but last Saturday's flooding on Ratchadaphisek was a lot of fun to ride through, I was jetskiiing my scooter through foot deep puddles.

Almost drowned the engine/exhaust a few times but it was fun.

Always shower well after a ride as any flooding is just riding through sewage.

Siam Paragon... just the name make my credit card shudder!

Will bite the bullet and have a look.

I live at the top of Ratchadapisek and from my top floor apt observed many a drowning bike last Sat!!!

Find the store called 'Import/Export Shop" or the other store called "XXL for men" located in shopping malls, there are many in Bangkok (Seacon, The Mall, MBK) and in Chiang mai at airport plaza.

These shops carry overstocked jackets with very very slight defects in them at a fraction of the retail cost. I got a waterproof Columbia jacket there that works perfectly. 1200 baht. If there's no Columbia in stock there will be other famous name brands, everything in the store is namebrand overstock, and not necessarily defective.

Make sure you get something tight too, i went for comfort and got something loose fitting for hiking. I didn't take wind into account when riding and it flaps everywhere slowing me down like a parachute. Got caught in a few heavy downpours while riding through Kao Yai and Bangkok and not one drop of rain made it through.

Another solution is to get a cheap jacket and spray silicone on it. You can get silicon spray at Home Depot.

Edited by KRS1

Find the store called 'Import/Export Shop" or the other store called "XXL for men" located in shopping malls, there are many in Bangkok (Seacon, The Mall, MBK) and in Chiang mai at airport plaza.

These shops carry overstocked jackets with very very slight defects in them at a fraction of the retail cost. I got a waterproof Columbia jacket there that works perfectly. 1200 baht. If there's no Columbia in stock there will be other famous name brands, everything in the store is namebrand overstock, and not necessarily defective.

Make sure you get something tight too, i went for comfort and got something loose fitting for hiking. I didn't take wind into account when riding and it flaps everywhere slowing me down like a parachute. Got caught in a few heavy downpours while riding through Kao Yai and Bangkok and not one drop of rain made it through.

Another solution is to get a cheap jacket and spray silicone on it. You can get silicon spray at Home Depot.

Good advice.

Re silicine, I was trying to find nikwax for my tank bag but I guess it has a similar effect.

I used to spray the my motorbike with silicone in the winter to protect it from salt etc.

Wouldn't it be nice if NorthFace diid a verto jacket AND trousers for half the price ;-)