Are You Older Than Your Mother In Law?

CheGuava

Are you older than your mother in law? (Or gf/bf's mother)  

212 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloody hell, did you get them as a 3some? :D

No my wife would not be doing a thing like that. She just feeling that if i must have a lady, then its better with her mum because she knows that i wont be running away with her. Actually im thinking her mum was needing some intimate contact also since her hubby ran off with a mia noi. Now its just the 3 of us and i can choose a different bed and lady each night . Keep it in the family is better.

How's that song go ...

Oh, many, many years ago

When I was twenty-three

I was married to a widow

Who was pretty as can be

This widow had a grown-up daughter

Who had hair of red

My father fell in love with her

And soon the two were wed

This made my dad my son-in-law

And changed my very life

For my daughter was my mother

'Cause she was my father's wife

To complicate the matter

Though it really brought me joy

I soon became the father

Of a bouncing baby boy

This little baby then became

A brother-in-law to Dad

And so became my uncle

Though it made me very sad

For if he was my uncle

Then that also made him brother

Of the widow's grown-up daughter

WHo of course is my step-mother

Chorus

I'm my own grandpa

I'm my own grandpa

It sounds funny I know

But it really is so

Oh, I'm my own grandpa

My father's wife then had a son

Who kept them on the run

And he became my grandchild

For he was my daughter's son

My wife is now my mother's mother

And it makes me blue

Because although she is my wife

She's my grandmother too

Now if my wife is my grandmother

Then I'm her grandchild

And every time I think of it

It nearly drives me wild

For now I have become

The strangest case you ever saw

As husband of my grandma

I am my own grandpa

[
chorus
]

No problems here im at least 20 years younger then her. I can imagine the looks if your older as the MIL.

Why worry about looks? I am not insecure. Are you?

Not sure if i am insecure but it would look stupid for sure. Anyway to each his or her own. I mean any old guy can get a young gf here. Just pay the sin sod and monthly payments and your set for life.

No problems here im at least 20 years younger then her. I can imagine the looks if your older as the MIL.

It goes to the topic. Why would anyone care if you are as old or older than your mother in law. It is only another way of saying you are older than your wife. Since the majority of posters are the same age as their significant other it is another opportunity to make fun of the minority of posters who are much older than their partners. The majority likes to mock the minority. This is the case in race, creed, color and national origin. It is a very old human trait. In Muslim countries they mock Christians and in Christian countries they mock Muslims. On Thai visa young guys with age appropriate wives mock old guys with young wives.

In Thailand as in much of Asia the family is of paramount importance and if the family is taken care of the methods are less scrutinized.

A 60 year old man can marry twin 16 year old women as long as he takes care of the family.

This fact of life does not set well with the values of the majority of posters, hence the volume of threads attempting to demonize old guys with younger women.

Thailand makes it easy for old men to stay here and support young women and spend money. Thailand makes it difficult for young men to do the same thing. So who has the last laugh?

Arrogant or ignorant?

Try humanist.

I do not go for that "it is their culture, so it is right" stuff.

Would you have your daughters circumsized if you married a Somali?

It IS their culture, you know.

Why would you think you had a say in any deicision your adult daughter did.

Bloody hell, did you get them as a 3some? :D

No my wife would not be doing a thing like that. She just feeling that if i must have a lady, then its better with her mum because she knows that i wont be running away with her. Actually im thinking her mum was needing some intimate contact also since her hubby ran off with a mia noi. Now its just the 3 of us and i can choose a different bed and lady each night . Keep it in the family is better.

Sounds wonderful. Ideally though, don't you really want to be going down a generation, rather than up?

My MIL is 10 years younger than me. When my wife was pregnant she suggested that as she gone off sex my MIL would take care of my needs. We have been having regular intimate contact for 8 years now already with my wifes consent. Oh god bless the Thai peoples.

I hear you Dave. My first Thai GF (38 yrs old) and her daughter (18 years old) worked at the same go go. Some people thought our relationship odd but it was all in the family.

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww to the 1st scenario and more ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww to the 2nd scenario.

Seriously, that so shuddericious. Do you guys not get nightmares?

This is turning into Penthouse Forum fantasy land.

Where on earth have you been living, mate? Living a protected life somewhere? Been to a seminary? Get real, man

Shock horror,i am even younger than the missus,a farang toyboy with very little money to boot :D

i thought that the word "missus" was 19th century???

You just gave yourself away, farangtoyboy - or stoned perhaps?

No, "missus" is used very commonly in the correct English-speaking world. Only PC slaves would avoid using that word. (No worse than "hubby" after all)

I find that Thais seem to have very little idea about the true age of foreigners. A taxi driver thought I was 45. Most women seem to think I am in my 50s.

I have had 3 "mils" (that is mothers whom I only saw via photo, since my gfs, aged 37, 36 and 36, would not allow me to meet Mama since I told them I did not want to get married). They were however, as the dating sites say, "long term" relationships.

I was older than all these quasi mothers-in-law. But I looked much younger in all three cases.

I am 69.

Are you older than your MIL, and if so, for how much did she sell her daughter to you?

Do include sinsod AND future payments.

Not about selling.

But how would you know, as you are not Thai, or belong to other cultures/countries where they practice dowry.

Still you mock it.

Arrogant or ignorant?

Moving on,

Im much (20+ years) younger than my MIL.

I know of some friends/colleagues who are older, and that never seem to be a problem/issue at all.

Arrogant or ignorant?

Try humanist.

I do not go for that "it is their culture, so it is right" stuff.

Would you have your daughters circumsized if you married a Somali?

It IS their culture, you know.

I understand your point, but I dont agree with the female circumsision/dowry comparison.

Then one can use stoning as an argument as well.

Not about being a humanist when it comes to dowry.

My wife didnt want me to pay, even though I was prepared to pay a dowry.

Anyhow, we agree to disagree, which is the good thing about a Forum.

:)

And my MIL still loves me.

:)

I find that Thais seem to have very little idea about the true age of foreigners. A taxi driver thought I was 45. Most women seem to think I am in my 50s.

I am 69.

Can't imagine why a woman would want to tell a man he looks younger than he really is

My MIL is 10 years younger than me. When my wife was pregnant she suggested that as she gone off sex my MIL would take care of my needs. We have been having regular intimate contact for 8 years now already with my wifes consent. Oh god bless the Thai peoples.

I hear you Dave. My first Thai GF (38 yrs old) and her daughter (18 years old) worked at the same go go. Some people thought our relationship odd but it was all in the family.

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww to the 1st scenario and more ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww to the 2nd scenario.

Where on earth have you been living, mate? Living a protected life somewhere? Been to a seminary? Get real, man

You seriously think it's a regular real life situation where the husband can also have sex with his MIL?

Or where mother and daughter work together as prostitutes?

Is that real life to you Sir?

It goes to the topic. Why would anyone care if you are as old or older than your mother in law. It is only another way of saying you are older than your wife. Since the majority of posters are the same age as their significant other it is another opportunity to make fun of the minority of posters who are much older than their partners. The majority likes to mock the minority. This is the case in race, creed, color and national origin. It is a very old human trait. In Muslim countries they mock Christians and in Christian countries they mock Muslims. On Thai visa young guys with age appropriate wives mock old guys with young wives.

In Thailand as in much of Asia the family is of paramount importance and if the family is taken care of the methods are less scrutinized.

A 60 year old man can marry twin 16 year old women as long as he takes care of the family.

This fact of life does not set well with the values of the majority of posters, hence the volume of threads attempting to demonize old guys with younger women.

Thailand makes it easy for old men to stay here and support young women and spend money. Thailand makes it difficult for young men to do the same thing. So who has the last laugh?

I think you are right about the majority knocking the minority but i dont think its entirely true about young guys demonizing old guys with young girls,i would class myself as a young guy(37) and if i see a old guy with a young girl i think nice one.As long as she is old enough to know what she is doing(if there is grass on the wicket,let's play cricket!) and the parents are ok with it i dont see a problem infact i think an older guy would takecare of a girl better.I think the only problem is gonna be when she wants a kid with you.

daveravey

Same reasoning here from my lady. Only it is her younger sister, not her mother. Their mother is ten years younger than me and quite happy in her marriage.

Edited by Tanaka

You seriously think it's a regular real life situation where the husband can also have sex with his MIL?

Or where mother and daughter work together as prostitutes?

Is that real life to you Sir?

Real life is google mother and daughter teams. Atlanta and Tampa.

Real life is spend some time in some areas of Thailand that will remain unmentioned by me.

Real life is not always pretty or to our liking. But it is real life. PS don't bet anyone they can't find almost anything they want to find in Thailand. Not a good bet. Normal everyday behaviour does not make the news and rarely makes for interesting reading on an internet forum. Be honest, what made you post a response? Man bites dog. OK. Dog bites man, zzzzzzzzzz.

Not sure if i am insecure but it would look stupid for sure. Anyway to each his or her own. I mean any old guy can get a young gf here. Just pay the sin sod and monthly payments and your set for life.

I think a very wise man Forrest Gump said "Stupid is as stupid does" or in this case "says & looks" by self admission.

You can't have a global perspective without full knowledge and appreciation of the facts and it is easy to comment in the negative.

What sin sod, what monthly payments? Only if you follow that route. Live here dont just read the comments of other readers. Then refer to the first line above.

I think a very wise man Forrest Gump said "Stupid is as stupid does" or in this case "says & looks" by self admission.

You can't have a global perspective without full knowledge and appreciation of the facts and it is easy to comment in the negative.

What sin sod, what monthly payments? Only if you follow that route. Live here dont just read the comments of other readers. Then refer to the first line above.

Most guys go that route who have such a big age difference. Only a few don't and then it is more likely to be love.