speaks great english and always got me a good deal. Her email

is: Da <email removed>

Edited by metisdead
Not to post email addresses.

man that's great advert for AA

any discount forthcoming for you?

unfortunately i can't agree with you though

the same person made a serious error of judgment and landed me in hot water

i am not open to discussing it here but suffice to say i use another broker.

on a more positive note, i would recommend Khun Saway

he is one the parts department managers at Toyota on Sukhumvit Road ( ther first one going out of town)

he should be Toyota employee of the the year for me and is the sole reason i use that dealership

when i need anything doing to my car, i bypass the useless mob of eye candy outside completely and talk to him

he takes care of everything, he even books the car in for service for me.

a more affable, intelligent and efficient young man you would be hard pushed to find

he is an absolute credit to Toyota

man that's great advert for AA

any discount forthcoming for you?

unfortunately i can't agree with you though

the same person made a serious error of judgment and landed me in hot water

i am not open to discussing it here but suffice to say i use another broker.

Sorry you had a bad experience with Da. Being Thai I would not trust

her judgment blindly. I always double check the coverages on any

new policy and make sure I understand what I am signing. She does

however, always try very hard to make me happy and so far her

insurance recommendations where all great. I love the fact that

I can communicate with her over email ...

I should have mentioned that I am not associated with them in

any way except being a happy customer, and no discounts for me ...

Cheers,

rudi

Buying a sim card at a small shop near Robinson in Chanthaburi.

The guy was going to earn about 10 baht or so.

He put in the sim, foned the company, all for his 10 baht.

Next refused to keep the change.

Real thailand is great.

Too bad there is the other thailand too.

Farangthailand it iscalled.

Real thailand is great.

nice story

however (and in my book there's always an however over here) i never let Thais (especially bar girl Thais) use my phone

i expect you will know they can transfer credit from your phone to theirs with a few button pushes..........

Real thailand is great.

nice story

however (and in my book there's always an however over here) i never let Thais (especially bar girl Thais) use my phone

i expect you will know they can transfer credit from your phone to theirs with a few button pushes..........

true.

you want to be carefull.

but how much can you loose? 100 baht?

and how much can you win?

and i am talking about chanthaburi, not Degenerateland.

I had a terrific experience with Bon Cafe here in Pattaya. They sent a man to service a minor problem with my coffee machine. He said he needed to order a part, so didn't charge for the service call (it was working well enough that I could wait). When the part came in they sent a guy to install it for free (I only paid for the part).

I called a few days later to say that the coffee was tasting off, so they sent a man out with a loaner machine, taking mine in to the shop for a thorough cleaning (again, no charge!). Two days later the man returned with my beautifully cleaned machine. There was a lady with him just to make sure I was satisfied; she gave me a free bag of their premium coffee. Still no charge.

That's a total of four visits to my condo by five employees, a cleaning of my machine and a bag of coffee for no charge.

I would call that outstanding service!

And other story.

Right now, i am having a small house (4 X 13m) built.

My thai wife does not even own the land.

Land of her deceased father, too expensive to officially transfer the land from father to son and daughter.

And guess who is the architect?

Old friend of my wife, previously gem trader.

I did NOT ask for prices for hooking up to the electricity net, digging a well, extras such as a water tower.

I do not have a written contract.

Did all the wrong things according to TV.

And i am happy with the situation.

I am happy just gardening in our future garden.

If they screw me, i will go home to europe, 600.000 baht is much money, but i am prepared to take the gamble.

Meanwhile driving the old truck that the family lets me use....

Oh, just for having no misunderstandings, i refused to pay sinsod and have never given any money to the family in the 3 years that i have known my wife.

And also,i am no rosy glasses, there are obviously many things wrong in this country.

But the good outweigh the bad.

Guess all this ranting shows that i am more buddhist then most thais?

Sorry for my rant, but i mean every word of it.

I had a terrific experience with Bon Cafe here in Pattaya. They sent a man to service a minor problem with my coffee machine. He said he needed to order a part, so didn't charge for the service call (it was working well enough that I could wait). When the part came in they sent a guy to install it for free (I only paid for the part).

I called a few days later to say that the coffee was tasting off, so they sent a man out with a loaner machine, taking mine in to the shop for a thorough cleaning (again, no charge!). Two days later the man returned with my beautifully cleaned machine. There was a lady with him just to make sure I was satisfied; she gave me a free bag of their premium coffee. Still no charge.

That's a total of four visits to my condo by five employees, a cleaning of my machine and a bag of coffee for no charge.

arent those Bon Cafe machine on some kind of deal that you get it cheap but must only purchase coffee/consumables from them ? if so I guess it is their best interest to keep the machine going (for free) to ensure you are using it.

I had a problem with my well pump recently, i removed the pump and stripped it down to find that two of the stages had fused together, so there i was standing in a pump shop with the shopkeeper telling me over and over - no hab, no hab, must buy complete new one 8000 Baht !!!!!

Well i was just leaving the shop and i met the guy i have used quite a lot in the past to drill my water wells and he saw the part in my hand and he told me to pop round to his shed in Huay Yai and i would find one in a box on the shelf above the workbench, superb - how much???? FREE, and despite my insistance that he be paid he just point blank refused to accept any payment!

Moral of the story - i will never buy another well pump from that particular shop, but i can guarantee that nice man in Huay Yai will be drilling my next well!!

Edited by LennyW

Some people get burned A couple of times in their life,they think everyone is out to get them.I admit you have to be careful with people all around the world.But there are also good people who would never try and get over on ya no matter what.

arent those Bon Cafe machine on some kind of deal that you get it cheap but must only purchase coffee/consumables from them ? if so I guess it is their best interest to keep the machine going (for free) to ensure you are using it.

Not at all! I paid about 45,000 baht for the machine and I generally buy coffee (Bon Cafe, of course) at Makro where it's very reasonable.

(10-1 says this is the shortest thread on TV in 2011)

I was really hoping you would be wrong. :realangry:

But I think you are right - it seems the foundation of human society

these days it to remember only the bad things in life and ignore the

smallest positive event. Everybody is so eager to whine and complain

how the Thais screw us, but ignore the once that are at least trying

to be bice.

Cheers,

rudi

(10-1 says this is the shortest thread on TV in 2011)

I was really hoping you would be wrong. :realangry:

But I think you are right - it seems the foundation of human society

these days it to remember only the bad things in life and ignore the

smallest positive event. Everybody is so eager to whine and complain

how the Thais screw us, but ignore the once that are at least trying

to be bice.

Cheers,

rudi

A bit like the old newspaper saga, "good news does not sell a million newspapers " " bad news sells newspapers in their millions" !!

SJ*

Edited by LennyW

I call it customer service...I am always amazed how quick the Mini Mart and Seven Eleven clerks are in checking out customers compared to large grocery stores. I also respect their patience in dealing with various "kinds" / accents of English spoken and the rudeness they have to face with certain nationalities or drunks.

Next, most Western chains seem to train, train, train their workers ( I wonder if the Thais get more money than the norm?) Examples: Starbucks employees; Hard Rock Cafe; any Western restaurant or hotel chain.

There are many locally owned restaurants/ bars that compete for customers in Pattaya, the ones that survive are the ones that train their workers properly and have a manager / owner to keep their eye on things. Prices will not draw in the crowds as much as good service... and sharp clerks/waiters.