Best Wireless Internet 'Stick'

sticklee

I just got my AIS air card today so far I am happy I did.

I got the 7.2Mbps. 3,100 baht.

For the first six months I get 1,100 Kilo bytes free. I topped it up to 3GB for 400 Baht.

I use an AIS USB stick and have been generally pleased with it. Fast connection and have got it to work in some remote rural spots.

On EDGE/GPRS I got 30 hours for 99 baht. 3G more expensive but haven't the need for it on my laptop.

Down to the south of Thailand soon so will be interested to see how it works there.

Rgds

Edited by Contractor

• 2 weeks later...

I just went to the airport plaza and Ais offered me 5gb a month for 950 baht after the upfront payment of 3100 for the USB stick. I think its abit much for only 5gb.

I have been told that they do 30gb a month for 950 but they didn't have a clue.

The only 30GB a month they had was when they first came out with 3G in Chiang Mai on most 2 years ago. I'm still on it at 1500 baht per month but they stopped offering after about 4 weeks. As long as I keep my account current it will stay active. When I travel threw out Thailand it goes over to edge. Some areas OK, some areas suck.

I have had my AIS stick now for over a week so far I am very happy.

some things are very fast and others are just faster.

To date it has only disconnected me three times. It used to do that in one day on the blue tooth with a phone phone for my modem.

To date it has only disconnected me three times. It used to do that in one day on the blue tooth with a phone phone for my modem.

What GB amount do you get and how much do you pay if you dont mind me asking?. Im looking around now for a good deal.

I just went to the airport plaza and Ais offered me 5gb a month for 950 baht after the upfront payment of 3100 for the USB stick. I think its abit much for only 5gb.

The only 30GB a month they had was when they first came out with 3G in Chiang Mai on most 2 years ago. I'm still on it at 1500 baht per month but they stopped offering after about 4 weeks. As long as I keep my account current it will stay active. When I travel threw out Thailand it goes over to edge. Some areas OK, some areas suck.

No wonder you answer first!wink.gif

No wonder you answer first!wink.gif

Just hanging around for 4G then watch me.:lol:

What GB amount do you get and how much do you pay if you dont mind me asking?. Im looking around now for a good deal.

I paid 3,190 baht for the stick it has 7.2mbps

The purchase price included a free 1,100 Mega bytes. for 6 months. I paid another 400 baht to get it up to 3GBs In nine days I still have over two and a half GBs left. They have a cheaper one but I don't have the figures on it. I think it is 1,600 baht for the air stick and the speed is less than half of the expensive one. Best bet is go into the AIS office on Tapha road.

I have only been cut off three times and two of them it was easy to reconnect. The third time I had to reboot my computer.

For me that is OK. It is far better than what I had before. I was starting to be on a first name base with the staff at the help line center.:D

You might find a good deal only to discover you are to far away from the tower to get the best service. Be sure to check that out when you do purchase. I myself am in the middle of the Night Bazaar and have a good connection.

Good luck

Please excuse my ignorance but with an AIRSTICK do you also need a seperate modem or is it part of the stick, also does anybody have experience of usage in the

Hang Dong area?

Many thanks

All you need is the stick.

No idea of usage in the Hang Dong area.

Ask the provider how far you are from the tower.

Please excuse my ignorance but with an AIRSTICK do you also need a seperate modem or is it part of the stick, also does anybody have experience of usage in the

Hang Dong area?

Many thanks

No you just need the stick, No idea about the Hang Dong area.

I used the stick and it was so so for the first few months but December and January it was next to useless this is in the Doi Saket area.

I've had 3BB for the last month and it has been excellent so far [we need an emoticon for crossed fingers!]

I've had AIS/Edge since last April, rural south Sa Kaeo. I am on pre-pay of 650 baht per month unlimited usage, that was the deal when i bought it and seems as long as I don't let it lapse I'll continue at that rate. If I don't want to take the laptop I put the sim in my cellphone no extra cost involved.

a few weeks pre-xmas we lost signal altogether, seem to live on the fringe of service/reception at the best of times; ok for email/text but some graphics-heavy pages time-out.

Been handy as we travel a lot, good signal in some areas, great when we go to a city, even the beach Chao Lao on Chanthaburi coast has excellent reception.

i have 2, AIS and CAT cdma, the latter one just recently. AIS has been decent in terms of "internet in thailand", but had more and more trouble last month and worked poorly between cm and doi sakhet, cat cdma works perfectly so far and use is unlimited for 800 baht/month which is a huge + for downloading. id definetly recomed the CAT cdma from my experience.